Angel Island pt 1

Sonic: Alright, what the hell were those things?
Sonic, Tails, and Nicole are back at the airfield with Rotor tuning up the Tornado.
Rotor: They are robots of the Robo Monarchy. The little egg shaped ones are called RoboPawns, and that bigger one was called a RoboSeeker.
Sonic: You've fought these things before?
Rotor: Yes, but never this close to civilization. They must be getting desperate.
Tails: They have already taken over half of Mobius. See those grey and black clouds?
Tails points and Sonic follows, seeing a bunch of grey and black clouds with lightning bolts blasting in the clouds.
Tails: That's Robotropolis, and nobody goes there. Not even us.
Sonic: So, why do they want the emerald.
Nicole: For power, and you let them take it.
Sonic: People were in danger!! I had to help!!!
Nicole: They were unimportant.
Sonic: All life is important.
Nicole: The mission is always more important.
Tails: Guys, calm down. We need to tell Dr.Eggman about this ok?
Sonic: Whatever.
Nicole: Affirmative.
Tails pulls out tje communicator and Eggman's face appears.
Eggman: Tails! How goes the mission?
Tails: We... uh-
Nicole: Failed sir. Because of Sonic.
Eggman: ... Sonic, explain.
Sonic: *sighs* I was close Doc, really close. But then the Robo Seeker shot a blast at a family and I couldn't let them get hurt. So I let the Seeker get the emerald and I saved the family. I know I did the right thing, but if you want me gone then I'm gone.
Eggman: No, I want you on this team.
Nicole: What?!
Sonic: Doc?
Eggman: You did the right thing Sonic, the lives of the mobians are more important then the emerald.
Nicole: But if they-
Eggman: We can always get it back Nicole, be calm.
Nicole grips her fists and sighs.
Nicole: Yes... Sir.
Eggman: Good, now I got some news. Knothole is now your base of operations. If you have a new mission, either I or Rotor will contact you. And Knothole will now be your new home, make the most of it.
Sonic: Will do Doc.
Tails: Sounds like fun.
Nicole: Understand.
Eggman: But before you settle into your new homes, I need you to check up on something.
Sonic: What is it?
Eggman: We are getting chaos energy readings from an island not to far from here.
Tails: What's it called?
Eggman: Angel Island, it was home to the Echidnas, a group of tribal Mobians who worshiped the chaos emeralds.
Nicole: So it would be logical that a emerald would still be there.
Eggman: Precisely, so I need you three to fly there and see if you can find the emerald or anything related to the emerald and record it. Think you can handle it?
Sonic: You can count on us Doc.
Eggman: Good, I'll see you soon.
Eggman disappears from the screen and Tails puts away the communicator.
Rotor: Well, better prepare your beds.
Sonic: Thanks Rotor.
Rotor: Heh, safe travels my friends.
Rotor leaves towards the base. Tails jumps into the Tornado and starts it up while Nicole uploads herself into the plane. Sonic then gets onto the tops of the wings.
Sonic: Ready buddy?
Tails: Everything's good to go.
Sonic: Then let's fly!!!
Tails then flies the Tornado into the air and the three heroes begin on their new journey.

(At Angel Island)

Sonic: Whoa.
The island is covered with forests, ruins, and statues of angels.
Sonic: This place is beautiful.
Tails: Agreed. Nicole, you see anything?
Nicole: Nothing. Scans aren't showing any chaos energy.
Sonic: We should land the plane and see if we can get a better signal on the ground.
Tails: Roger.
Tails flies the plane and lands it on the ground. Sonic jumps off the wings and Nicole reappears from the Tornado. Tails flies from the cockpit and pulls out the Chaos Tracker.
Tails: Picking up something, towards the ruins.
Sonic: Then let's head out there.
The three begin to head into the forest, not noticing a figure watching them from the distance.