Shadows Of The Past

Eggman: Nicole, can you open the door from here?

Eggman is examining the door as Nicole is hacking into the system.

Nicole: Negative, the RoboEmperor's defenses are too strong. Besides, even if I could, the robot is still in there with the other doors shut.

Eggman: Hmmmm, you're right. They can handle themselves just fine. We need to find a place that'll be protected. Nicole, show me the map.

Nicole nods as her eyes glow purple as a glowing purple hologram of a map appears and shows Eggman the whole facility.

Eggman: Hmmm... if we head towards the containment room, we might be able to meet up with the others. That is our goal.

Nicole: How can you he sure that the others will arrive to the containment room?

Eggman: Shadow is with Sonic so he would probably head there first, and Miles is an intelligent young fox, if he can find a map of the area he'd probably head there too. Come Nicole, we must be off.

Eggman walks through the hologram down the hall.

Nicole: Why did you lie?

Eggman stops dead.

Eggman: Pardon Nicole?

Nicole: Why did you lie to Shadow about Maria? I saw your vitals, they were indicating you were lying. So why?

Eggman tightly grips his fists and looks at Nicole.

Eggman: For his own safety. That is the end of this discussion Nicole. Do I ake myself clear?

Nicole: .... Yes doctor.

Eggman quickly continues down the hallway, with Nicole slowly behind him.

(Tails and Knuckles)

Knuckles: HIT! ROCK! SHIFT!!!

Knuckles punches the door three times, leaving indents into the door.

Knuckles: Damn it!! I can't break through the door.

Tails: Well, it was worth a try.

Knuckles to see Tails messing with some wires and pluggibg them into his communication device.

Knuckles: What're you doing Tails?

Tails: Hacking into the system to get the map of the Ark. If we can... AHA!!!

Tails unplugs the wires and looks at the map.

Tails: Pretty sure Eggman might try to head to somewhere safe.

Knuckles looks at the map.

Knuckles: Containment room sounds safe.

Tails: Hmmm, not a bad place to check out. Knowing Eggman, he'd probably head there. I just hope Sonic and Shadow will have the same idea.

Knuckles: They'll be fine. Sonic's tough, so he'll defeat any enemies that get in his way.

Tails: And Shadow?

Knuckles: Eh, I guess he seems strong. He'll probably be fine.

Tails smirks teasingly.

Tails: Oh, I see. You're probably worried he's stronger than you. Don't worry buddy, I know you're stronger.

Tails pats Knuckles on the back, noticing Knuckles' face turn bright red.

Knuckles: I... I don't.... HE'S NOT STRONGER THAN ME!!!

Tails chuckles as he walks down the hallway, Knuckles stomping and muttering angrily behind him.

(Sonic and Shadow)