Containment

(Eggman and Nicole)

Eggman: How close are we Nicole?

Nicole: Another left and we'll be there.

Eggman and Nicole turn a corner and enter an open room with a big high tech cage and a bunch of computers surrounding the cage. Eggman and Nicole quickly head to the computers and began going through the data.

Nicole: Hmmm, it seems like the cage is still functional. Though access is hidden behind a mountain of firewalls, I can take it down.

Eggman: Brilliant idea Nicole, work on that while I find a way to lead our target to us.

(Eclipse)

Eclipse stumbles down a hallway muttering to himself.

Eclipse: How... how can they beat me?! Eclipse is the Ultimate Lifeform, how can they just play with me like that?!

Eclipse walks by a lab and stops as he sees a glowing tube inside the lab. Eclipse walks in and picks up the tube. Inside the tube is a swirling liquid of multiple colors. The liquid is thrashing around inside the tube and Eclipse grins maliciously.

Eclipse: Chaos!!! Here!!! I can beat those other playmates and continue having fun with Shadow!!!

Eclipse runs out of the room with the tube in hand.

Eclipse: They say that they'll head to my room, so I'll meet them there!!

(The other 4)

Sonic: Are you two gonna be like this the entire time? Cause I'm letting you know now, that I'm annoyed by this.

Sonic is walking inbetween Knuckles and Shadow as the two just stare daggers into each other.

Knuckles: I don't know what you're talking about.

Shadow: Oh hey, we finally have something we can agree on.

Sonic sighs and shakes his head.

Sonic: How much further Tails?

Tails: I think after this turn up ahead. I hope so anyways.

Sonic: What's wrong?

Tails: Hopefully nothing, but the map is kinda being a bit janky.

Shadow looks away from Knuckles and looks around.

Shadow: Wait a minute, this isn't the correct path.

The group stop in their tracks.

Sonic: What do you mean?

Shadow: I know the base pretty well, and this isn't the way to the containment room.

Knuckles: So then, what's going on with Tails' tech then?

???: That would be me.

The four turn around to see the giant mechanical robot spider jump down from the ceiling.

Sonic: RoboEmperor!!! Should've know it was you!!

Shadow summons a spear.

Shadow: Why are you stalling us?! What's your endgame?!

The RoboEmperor laughs heartedly.

RoboEmperor: Wouldn't you rodents like to know. But now, enough talk. Let's have some FUN!!!!

One of the spider's legs raises up into the air and slams down towards the group.

Sonic: SCATTER!!!

The group quickly dodges the attack and Sonic runs up the leg and kicks on of the spider's eyes. Shadow rolls and tosses a spear into the armor of the robot. Knuckles jumps into the air and starts punching the robot's head repeatedly. Tails is flying in the air and messing with the communication device.

Tails: Keep distracting him guys, it's allowing me to beat his hacks!!!

Knuckles: Distracting?! We're actually fighting him.

Tails: Just give me a few minutes!!

Sonic pulls out the Chaos Emerald and holds it tightly. Shadow's eyes grow wide in recognition.

Sonic: How about I end this in one quick breeze?

Sonic points the emerald at the robot and swirl of blue wind surrounds Sonic and the emerald. The robot looks at Sonic.

RoboEmperor: Oh no you-

Suddenly, both Knuckles and Shadow hit the spider's face at the same times on opposite sides. Sonic then releases a blast of wind at the robot, puncturing a hole through the robot. The robot falls to the ground and seemingly powers down. The 4 regroup infront of the robot's head. Tails high fives Sonic.

Tails: Nice use of the emerald Sonic!!

Sonic chuckles and rubs his nose with his pointer finger.

Sonic: Aw stop it, no need to give me praise. I already know I'm plenty awesome.

Shadow stares at the emerald.

Shadow: You... have a Chaos Emerald?

Sonic: Yeah, took it from a megalomaniacal mammoth.

Shadow: A what?!

Sonic: *chuckles* A story for another time. You got through the RoboEmperor security Tails?

Tails nods as he holds up the communicator.

Tails: Yep, so we're ready to go to the containment room.

RoboEmperor: Not quite rodents!!!

Suddenly, one of the legs of the spider hits Sonic and Tails and sends the two flying down a hallway and fires missles at the entrance of the hallway, causing it to collapse.

Knuckles: NOOOO!!!

Shadow quickly summons a spear and stabs it into the robots head, causing it to properly shut off. Shadow takes the spear out of the robot's head and sighs.

Shadow: Damn it. I should've made sure it was properly destroyed. You think they'll be fine.

Knuckles grips his hat and sighs.

Knuckles: They're tough, they'll meet us there. I know they will.

Shadows nods and desummons his spear.

Shadow: Right. Then let's get going, I know another way.

The two start heading down another path, hoping to meet their friends at their destination.

(Eggman and Nicole)

Eggman: How're you doing Nicole?

Nicole: Almost through doctor. In another minute I should be done.

Eggman: Good, and now to find a way to get Eclipse here.

???: Oh, that won't be a problem doc!!!

Eggman and Nicole turn and see Eclipse standing in the entrance holding the tube outward infront of him, grinning manically.

Eclipse: Now, let the mayhem begin!!!

----------------

Sorry for a long wait, just been feeling burnout, but hopefully I can continue with more chapters during my week break from work. Also, next chapter is the 30th chapter, which is neat. Nothing important will happen next chapter, at all. Nope, none. Ok, it won't be that important but it'll be cool for me to write. Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful life and I'll see you all later. Bye.