The Mammoth Mogul pt 2

Sonic: .... What?

Tails storms off out of the room.

Sonic: Tails wait!!!

Sonic and Knuckles chase after Tails. Eggman sighs.

Eggman: The past brings to much pain, especially familial ones.

Nicole nods and turns to face Eggman.

Nicole: So Doctor, what is the information we'll need for this mission?

(In the hanger)

Tails grabs some tech parts and heads over to a workbench and starts putting the parts together. Sonic and Knuckles watch uncomfortably.

Knuckles: *whispers* Shouldn't we say something?

Sonic: *whispers* I don't know what to say. Nothing I can say will make him feel any better.

Knuckles: *whispers* Well we should say something kind and supportive at least.

Tails: You do realise I can hear you two right?

The two jump as they see Tails slightly turns his head to look at them.

Sonic: *sighs* Look, we get that this information is alot right now but-

Tails: You don't get it. I lost everything to that.... Monster. He makes me feel alone and weak. You don't understand how that feels.

Tails turns his head back to the workbench and continues to tinker with the tech. Knuckles grips his hat and Sonic breathes out a long breath.

Sonic: I lost my Dad and Uncle 8 years ago.

Tails stops tinkering.

Tails: What happened?

Sonic: I don't know. They disappeared one day without any trace of them left. After that day I was all alone, just living on the streets barely surviving. Getting beaten up by the other townsfolk just because of being different then everyone else.

Tails looks down at his two tails.

Tails: I get that feeling.

Knuckles: And I'm the last of my kind Tails. I'm the only one left to carry the traditions and story of my clan. If you guys never showed up at Angel Island, I'd probably would be forever alone and never see the sights past my home.

Sonic: We're not saying we totally understand what you're going through but, we understand that feeling of being alone and weak.

Knuckles: Heh, speak for yourself. I'm plenty strong.

Tails laughs a little and sets down his tools.

Tails: Thanks guys. Means alot.

Sonic smiles and messes with his quills.

Sonic: We're happy to help in anyway we can.

Knuckles cracks his knuckles.

Knuckles: Especially if it means taking down that Mogul creep.

Tails sighs and turns to face them.

Tails: You don't know what he's like. He's stronger than any foe we've faced before, and we've never won before.

Sonic walks up to Tails and puts a hand on Tails' shoulder.

Sonic: True, but we have information on him and we're going to face him, not the other way around. We've got an advantage here Tails.

Tails smiles slightly but brushes off Sonic's hand and takes a few steps away.

Tails: But he's too strong. You don't know what he's capable of.