Low Point

Tails eyes slowly open and he sluggishly gets up and pulls up his goggles and looks around and sees he managed to land safely on solid ground.

Tails: How did I-

Nicole: Good, you're awake.

Tails turns and sees Nicole floats towards him. Tails lets out a sigh of relief and smiles.

Tails: You're alright. Did you save me?

Nicole: Correct. I summoned a shield around before you fell.

Tails: Thank you.

Nicole: Not needed, we are a team. It is only logical that we would help each other.

Tails looks around and sees the smoke, fire, and rubble all around them.

Tails: So much damage. All for a stupid rock.

Nicole: A rock that can control the winds.

Tails: I don't hear any blasts or jets. Did they leave?

Nicole: Affirmative.

Tails: But why? Why would they leave without the em.....

Tails' eyes go wide with panic.

Tails: We have to find the others, now!!!

Tails spins his tails and flies into the sky and Nicole follows behind.

(Knuckles and Shadow)

Shadow pushes off a piece and stumbles as he stands up and looks around, fear in his eyes.

Shadow: KNUCKLES?! DREADS?! COME ON, ANSWER ME!!!

Shadow suddenly hears something move behind him. Shadow turns and sees Knuckles push a piece of rubble off of himself with one arm. Shadow sighs in relief and quickly heads that way. Shadow reaches a hand towards Knuckles.

Shadow: Are you alright Dreads?

Knuckles stares daggers at Shadow and stands up without taking Shadow's hand and grips his injured arm. Shadow lowers his hand in guilt.

Shadow: Is it b-

Knuckles: What the hell is wrong with you?!

Shadow: What?

Knuckles: You didn't listen to me! We could've taken him down if we worked together but instead you let you're ego take control and now look at me!!!!

Knuckles points at his injured arm.

Knuckles: YOU HURT ME BECAUSE YOU CAN'T LISTEN!!

Shadow grips his fists in anger.

Shadow: AND YOU DIDN'T LISTEN EITHER!!!! I SAID I HAD IT HANDLED AND YOU STILL STUCK YO-

Knuckles: HANDLED?! YOU DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING HANDLED!!! ALL YOU HAD WAS YOUR HEAD FULL OF PRIDE!!!

Knuckles scoffs and stomps away from Shadow but Shadow follows behind.

Shadow: You don't know that I didn't had it. You think you're stronger than me and have more say but you don't know me!!

Knuckles stops and turns around and snarls at Shadow.

Knuckles: Of course I don't know you, YOU DON'T LET ANYONE IN!!! You just train and train, fight and fight and nothing else!!! How am I supposed to know you if you won't let us know you?! All I know is that you couldn't save your first friend and you're a good fighter, that's it!!! And if that's all you want me to know, if that's all we'll ever get to know, then maybe it was mistake to let you join.