Metal City

Sonic: Whoa!!!

Sonic looks up to see a car fly above him. The gang looks around in awe and amazement at the futurstic looking city.

Tails: Look at all this advancements in technology!!! And it's all in one city!

Nicole: Fascinating. It is truly a wonder what can happen when a bunch of genuis' can do when working together.

Shadow touches the side of a building and small smile forms on his face.

Shadow: *whispers* Look at all this Maria, it's amazing.

Knuckles: So, where's this Dr. Starline supposed to be at?

Tails: Should be at a lab up ahead.

Sonic wraps an arm around Knuckles' shoulders.

Sonic: And besides, we're not in any rush right? Let's take in the sights, explore the place for a little bit huh?

Knuckles sighs and nods.

Knuckles: I guess. We're not in any direct danger so it might be fine to just explore.

Sonic smiles widely.

Sonic: ALRIGHT THEN!! Let's go guys!

Sonic runs off in a blink of an eye. Tails chuckles as he walks next to Knuckles.

Tails: Always in a rush huh?

Knuckles: Yeah, he is. He should take it slow one of these days.

Nicole: Not in his nature, so we should try to stay in pace.

Shadow: Well, what are we still doing here then? We got a city to explore.

The others nod and spread out to explore the city. Tails walks by a building and stops and his eyes shine with stars as he sees a bunch of people inventing a whole bunch of advanced gear and tech. Tails enters the building and a turtle Mobian looks up to see Tails enter.

???: Oh, hey there. Welcome! How may I help you eh?

Tails: Oh hi, I'm sorry for barging in like this.

The turtle waves his hand.

Tommy: Nonsense, it's why the door is unlocked in the first place eh. Ah, where are my manners, my name is Tommy. What's your name eh?

Tails: Miles Prower, but everyone calls me Tails.

Tommy: Well Tails, welcome to Metal City, assuming your new eh?

Tails: Yeah, just got here. Delivering a package to a Dr. Starline.

Tommy: Oh, you're going to go see Starline eh? Well, good luck with that. He's notoriously hard to get in contact with.

Tails: Really? That's not how Eggman put it.

Tommy: Eggman?! You know Ivo?

Tails: Yeah, work for him at Skyline.

Tommy: Oh boy, then you'll get in just fine eh. Starline is a notorious Robotnik fanboy, so if you say you work for him, he'll definitely get you in.

Tails sighs in relief and smiles.

Tails: That's good to know. Um, can I ask a question.

Tommy chuckles and shakes his head.

Tommy: Kid, you're in Metal City, home to the most advanced technology in Mobius, second only to the RoboEmperor. We love questions, so go ahead ask eh.

Tails: You build gear and tools here right?

Tommy: Yep, sure do.

Tails: Can I try to upgrade this?