The Next Emerald pt 2

Sonic: Where are we?
The Tornado is flying over a huge desert island.
Nicole: According to my data, we are at the Wild Canyons.
Knuckles: And the next Chaos Emerald is here?
Nicole: Correct. I'm sensing alot of chaos energy from a nearby temple.
Sonic punches his fist into his palm.
Sonic: Then let's get to it before RoboLoser has a chance to get his grimy hands on it!
Tails: Yeah!!
Tails then flies the tornado towards a rundown stone temple and lands the tornado. The four leave the tornado and stand infront of the temple.
Sonic: Doesn't seem like RoboEmeperor got here yet.
Knuckles: We should still be on guard. We don't know what dangers awaits us inside.
The others nod as they all enter the temple. Tails is looking at his tracking device as it starts to glitch out.
Tails: Oh no.
Sonic: What's wrong Tails?
Tails: The Chaos tracker is acting up. How are you fairing Nicole?
Nicole's eyes turn pure light blue and then returns to normal, a look of slight annoyance appears on her face.
Nicole: I can sense it but it's all over the place. It might be the reason why your device is malfunctioning?
Knuckles: Sonic, do you see it?
Sonic: See what?
Knuckles points ahead of them, Sonic turns to see a slight trail of yellow sand particles.
Sonic: The sand? Knuckles we're in a desert area, of course there's sand.
Tails: What sand?
Sonic looks back with a confused look.
Sonic: The line of sand particles in the air infront of us. Can't you see it?
Tails: No. I don't see anything
Nicole: My sensors also don't detect anything.
Sonic turns to Knuckles.
Sonic: Why can we see it?
Knuckles: I can see it because I've been attuned to the Master Emerald for so long that I can see chaos energy. I don't know about you though.
Sonic: Well, Tails did say I was imbued with chaos energy, which is why I have super speed. Maybe that has something to do with it.
Knuckles: Maybe. But in any case, we can just follow the trail and it'll lead us to the Chaos Emerald.
Sonic: Then let's go.
The four continue walking down the corridor, following the trail as they go. As they are walking, Tails notices something on the walls.
Tails: Hey guys, look at this.
The others stop and look to see ancient images of echidnas holding up 7 multi colored emeralds, each surrounded by a different element. There is also some writing in an ancient language.
Sonic: The Chaos Emeralds.
Sonic looks at the writing.
Sonic: Can any of you read this?
Nicole: It's an ancient form of the echidna language, I'll-
Knuckles: "The servers are the 7 Chaos. Chaos is power... Power enriched by the heart. The controller is the one that unifies the Chaos." These are the dying words of Tikal when Chaos split itself into the emeralds. This is where some of my people went to hide one of the emerald. This might be where she went.
Tails: She?
Knuckles shakes his head.
Knuckles: It's nothing.
Sonic points at the emeralds.
Sonic: They're each surrounded by an element.
Knuckles nods.
Knuckles: Correct. Chaos split itself into the first seven elements that were the basis of creation.
Knuckles points at the red emerald.
Knuckles: Fire.
Knuckles points at the yellow one.
Knuckles: Earth.
Knuckles then points at the blue one.
Knuckles: Wind.
Knuckles then points at the purple one.
Knuckles: Lightning
Knuckles points at the green one.
Knuckles: Nature.
Knuckles then points at the white one.
Knuckles: Ice.
And Knuckles points at the final cyan emerald.
Knuckles: And crystal. It is also said that before Chaos separated, his form was that of water. Which is considered to be the element of true chaos.
Sonic whistles.
Sonic: Wow.
Tails: So each emerald is a conduit of a certain element.
Nicole: Which now explains why Sonic saw fire surrounding the red emerald.
Sonic: And since me and Knux are seeing a path of sand, I'm guessing the next emerald we'll see is the yellow one.
Knuckles: Knux? Who's Knux?
Sonic chuckles.
Sonic: It's you pal. Just a little nickname I made.
Knuckles blushes slightly.
Knuckles: O-oh, cool.
Sonic smirks.
Sonic: Alright, let's keep going.
The group continues into the temple until they come across a podium in the middle of a huge room. In the center of the room Sonic and Knuckles see a rocky aura surrounding a yellow emerald.