Dinner With The Rabbits

Rotor: Here.

Rotor hands Shadow two round gold rings and Shadow puts them on his wrist.

Shadow: Thanks Rotor. And thank Ivo for me as well.

Rotor waves his hand dismissively.

Rotor: No problem Shadow. You need those inhibitor rings, and the boss asked me to whip some up. Wasn't too difficult.

Shadow: I see. Well, I thank you anyways. Felt weird without them on my wrists.

Rotor: I bet. Now go along, the others having been dying to show you the town.

Shadow smirks.

Shadow: And by others, you mean Sonic?

Rotor: Hehe, well he is an impatient hedgehog.

Shadow: True. Welp, I better get going. See ya Rotor.

Shadow walks out the base, waving a hand.

Rotor: Have a good time!

Shadow walks out the entrance and sees Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles all crowded around the Tornado.

Sonic: Sooooo, how high do you think we can get into the sky before we lose oxygen?

Tails: 20,000 ft.

Knuckles: Is that high?

Tails: Yes.

Knuckles: But.... the sky islands are so high though?

Sonic: Not that high Knux.

Knuckles: Oh... huh. Neat.

Shadow: Only you would think that floating islands would be neat Hothead.

The three turn to see Shadow walking up to them. Knuckles' face turns slightly red.

Knuckles: N-no!! I just thought the info was neat, not the act of floating islands itself Stripes!!

Shadow chuckles and shakes his head.

Shadow: So, we got any missions?

Sonic: Nah, doc said to just chill for a bit. He'll give us a mission when he has one. So, that leaves our afternoon free.

Shadow's face turns into a slightly disappointed look to it.

Shadow: Oh... ok. Hey, where's Nicole?

Tails: Probably with my aunt, they've been doing alot of upgrading to Nicole since we've been facing stronger and stronger foes.

Shadow nods.

Shadow: Makes sense. So, should we do some training for the rest of the day?

Sonic: Pffft, training?! C'mon Shadow, we can train some other time. You haven't seen all of Knothole yet, right?

Shadow: Yeah...?

Sonic: Sooooooo.... Let's go see it!! The four of us! Come on, you got to get out of this base and have some fun.

Shadow sighs and rolls his eyes as a slight smile forms on his face.

Shadow: Fine, let's go explore this stupid town.

Sonic raises a fist into the air with a huge smile on his face.

Sonic: Alright!! Let's gooo!!!

(Knothole)

Sonic, Shadow, Tails, and Knuckles are walking through the town. Sonic points towards the Chilemope stand.

Sonic: And over there is where Ducky sells Chilidogs, life's greatest creation.