I went to take another step forward but was restrained. "Come on, Ava. Let's go have a talk." Rob suggested from behind me. I think he knew I wasn't going to go with him willing, because all of the sudden I was lifted up over his shoulder and carried over to the secret door. I didn't protest, but I didn't do anything to help either. I was trying to control the anger I felt. I had never felt anything this strong before and hoped I never would again.

When Rob reached the bottom of the stairs, I told him in a semi-calm voice. "I'll walk, if you put me down." He pretended not to hear me and kept walking, not putting me down until we were in Mia's room, and even then he locked the door first.

We just starred at each other for a moment before I closed my eyes and took deep breaths, imagining as I was breathing out, I was also breathing out the last of my anger. Slowly it started to work and when I felt normal again, I opened my eyes to find Rob sitting in front of me on the spiny chair.

"Calm?" He asked. I nodded and he looked relieved. We were both silent for a moment before Rob explained why he'd taken me here. “I brought you down here because I didn't want the same thing that happened this morning, to happen again. You both seem to be able to wind each other up easily." He shook his head, in a way that made it seem like me and Gabriel winding each other up was inevitable.

"I'm sorry." I told him truthfully. He looked confused, so I explained. "I just got so angry all of the sudden, it was like I was someone else. I can get angry but I've never been as angry as that. Ever." I could understand why I was angry but I couldn't understand what made me that mad. I was frightened of myself. What happened if I went into a rage like that with May, or Max who couldn't stop me from losing it completely?

I was starting to panic when Rob said "Marina." He spoke her name with anger, which made me look up. My sudden anger wasn't catching was it? I hoped not because there was no way I would be able to stop Rob, if he decided to go on a rampage. Rob must have noticed my panic because he calmed down, only slightly and explained. "When Marina said she could control fire, and sense when someone was truly angry, she left out the part where she can fuel your anger. She can't control your anger but she can add to it, make it burn brighter, I suppose." He thought for a moment before continuing. "I think she was doing this, from what you've told me. You suddenly got really angry, really fast. It didn't seem natural to me."

"But, why? I don't see why she'd want me to lose it like that." I questioned. It didn't make sense to me. Why would Marina want me to be murderously angry at Gabriel, when he was her soul mate? She'd looked worried about him when Rob had bruised Gabriel, so why make me angry enough to hurt Gabriel myself. Unless... No, surely that can't be right.

"Don't you? From her perspective you're a threat to Gabriel, it's your fault I had to hurt him to stop him from killing you and what's to say that you won't try to hurt him after finding out he's been keeping stuff from you. If she made you angry enough that you attack Gabriel, angry enough that your ability would kick in, Gabriel would have to retaliate to stop you from killing him accidentally. You could end up hurt or worse, seeing as Gabriel's ability can't really be toned down. Either way it would make sure you left Gabriel alone." Rob replied, confirming what I didn't want to admit to myself.

I closed my eyes and sighed. That's the second enemy I’ve made in less than a day. When I opened my eyes, I was looking at the floor and saw the symbol from my dream. An image of flowing rivers filled my mind along with the word flexibility. I didn't understand why I was seeing this now but then I remembered seeing the other symbols, when I needed them most.

I looked up sharply just as the door flew open. Rob spun around surprised but I got in front of him and pushed him back. He looked like he was about to object but I told him "Trust me." While sending him a meaningful look. He nodded but looked ready to step in and help any moment. The person who'd forced open the locked door was none other than Marina. The saying 'speak of the devil and she shall appear' sprung to mind as she launched herself at me.

I dodged her with ease but she kept coming. I knew what to do to get away from her well-aimed punches and kicks. I ducked, did back flips and even bent in half in the small room. Rob was looking torn, like he wanted to help but didn't know quite what to do. "Get the others." I whispered when I ended up next to him after rolling out of a corner, while avoiding being kicked in the head. Rob paused for only a moment before leaving. I had whispered to him, making sure Marina didn't hear because I had a feeling she would have stopped and acted like normal if she knew everyone else was coming.

I had to make sure she was looking away from the door, so when they arrived they would be able to see something was up. I faced Marina and walked backwards to the cupboard Mia had gotten the dress I was wearing out of early. Marina had a smug look on her face and lunged at me. What she didn't plan on was me moving out of the way at the last minute and the cupboard door being so close. She went head first into the door, knocking herself out.

I bent to check her pulse, my fingers against her neck and I lifted my right hand, thinking I was wearing a watch, when I heard a scream and turned to see it was Sara. I didn't understand what happened next, not straight away. Larry came in, picked me up and took me away from Marina. He didn't let go of me, he kept a tight hold while Mia and Sara ran over to Marina.

That's when it clicked. From their point of view, when I had my fingers on Marina's neck and my other arm raised, they must have thought I was going to hit Marina. From Sara's scream I guess she thought I HAD already been hitting Marina. "It's not what you think, I was checking her pulse." I told them, but I could see that none of them believed me, they wouldn't even look me in the eyes. Even Mia, who I thought might believe me, wouldn't even look at me. I just had to wait for Marina to wake up, and hope she would tell them what really happened. Yeah, and pigs were going to start flying, I thought sadly. I was well and truly screwed.