Chapter 6

Recap:

May tugged on my hand, and indicated she wanted to be picked up, I picked her up and Rob released me. Probably realising from before that I wouldn't do anything if I had hold of May. Rob stood next to me and then something happened that surprised me. Everyone else came over and stood behind us, leaving Gabriel by himself.

Gabriel looked extremely angry, like he was going to burst a blood vessel angry. "Fine. She can stay for now, but I want to find out everything about her." He said for the first time, since he found out I knew everything, not shouting. He walked to the other side of the room and, for now, seemed like he was going to let things go.

**************************************

Chapter 6

"Now that that's sorted out I think introductions are in order." Rob said from beside me. Everyone moved in front of me, and this time they all had semi-welcoming smiles for me. "I've told Ava what I can do, so it's everyone else's turn." Rob told them, but it was more of a suggestion than an order.

"You don't have to tell me what you can do, if you don't want to. I'll understand." I put in afterwards; I didn't want any of them to be uncomfortable.

"There's no point in not telling you, you'll be with us so you'll see us practicing." Marina said in a bored voice. I think she might have some sort of problem with me but I have no idea why.

"Be nice, she was only thinking of you guys." Rob warned. He seemed kind of like a father figure. He tried to comfort May when she was upset, He helped me when I ran off, and he told Marina off but in that way a father does. You know, when you say something sarcastic and your Dad gives you a warning, but it's playful, but you also know that he means it as well.

Marina rolled her eyes before saying "I can control fire but I also know when someone is truly angry. I guess that's another form of fire." She shrugged afterwards, as if, to her, it didn't really make a difference, whereas I was amazed. I thought that was only possible in movies and books! I know I shouldn't be so surprised because I knew this was coming and I’m beginning to sound like a broken record because of it, but still! She can control fire! That is so cool.

"Wow, I mean ..... Wow." I couldn't think of anything else to say. Marina didn't take it as a compliment I guess, because she gave me a 'you're sooo pathetic' look before turning away and going over to Gabriel.

Before I could concentrate on that too much, Max introduced himself. "I can hear things better than normal people, kind of like having dog hearing." He joked. "I can also hear strong thoughts." I was a little worried by this, not because I was thinking anything bad or anything, but it's the thought that someone could hear my thoughts, without me knowing about it. "Don't worry," Did he just hear my thoughts? "It's only REALLY strong emotions, like your anger early when Gabriel called you a liar." I felt slightly awkward when he brought it up, epically seeing as Gabriel was still in the room and was probably listening to every word we said. "Oh, and don't worry I didn't read your thoughts about being worried about me reading your thoughts. I just know it's the first thing everyone will think, because it's the natural thing to think." He told me with a smile.

Max seemed nice, a lot nicer than Marina, that's for sure. I was going to say something, probably the same thing I said to Marina, because I thought it was rude not to, but I was cut off by Rob "You don't need to say something after they tell you, we all know what it's like to hear about each other's powers, so don't worry about it." I was about to tell him, that that's no excuse but he simple said "Save it for after everyone has." This actually seemed best seeing as I was already speechless after the first two and there were four more to come, and Gabriel's if he ends up telling me.