Chapter 3

Recap:

Everyone spoke at once but then took it in turns. After I had listened to what they wanted and got my hand back from May, telling her I’d be back in a minute, I left to make the drinks. When I was in the kitchen I let out a relieved sigh before making the drinks. I was so glad to be out of that room, no one apart from May seemed to want me there and there seemed to be something up with them. I made up two glasses of apple juice for Max and Marina, a glass of water for Rob and a cup of tea for Gabriel and was heading back to the living room when I heard Gabriel say "We're going to have to leave soon, they're onto us." Just before all the windows were smashed in, and the front door forced in as people started to come in.

************************************************

Chapter 3

It must have been the shock of something like this happening, because I suddenly saw a symbol from my dream again, it appeared on the kitchen door. This one was different though, it was a wavy line. Looking at it I got feelings of coordination, concentration and speed. Again, the sight of it made a word pop into my mind, agility.

All of the sudden I knew what to do. These people weren't police or anything like that because none of them were wearing uniform. I turned to face the people who had just come through the front door, there were six of them. The one in front smiled cruelly when he saw it was just me, I chucked the tray of drinks at him and that's when they all started attacking.

Now, I’ve never been in a real fight, I did do sparring when I took karate, but that's different. I didn't know what it would be like to be in a fight until now. Everything went into slow motion around me but I was at normal speed. I punched the first guy in the head, hard enough to knock him out, but not to kill him. The guy next to him made a grab for me, but because it was in slow motion I saw it coming, I grabbed his arm and pulled him forwards, into the door of the kitchen, where the symbol no longer was. That left four more. They were all a bit wearier now so I couldn't do what I had just done. I walked slowly over to them and then jumped up high and kicked two of them in the head rendering them unconscious. The last two men came at me before I could launch an attack on them. The first on aimed a fist at my head, as the second guy tried to kick me in the stomach. I dodged the first punch by ducking and the second by twisting and arching my back out of the way. The first guy ended up punching the second in the head as the second kicked him in the stomach, before falling down unconscious. That left the last guy, I decided to use the technique I had picked up from Miss Congeniality, the movie. I used 'sing'. I elbowed him in his solar plexus (stomach), stepped into his instep (between his legs), used the same arm I elbowed him with, Swung it up so I hit him in the nose, before swinging it back down so it hit him in the groin. Solar plexus, instep, nose and groin, made up sing, which is a really handy move.

Let’s just say that guy wasn't going to get up anytime soon. Things had returned to normal speed now. I turned around and saw Rob looking at me with his mouth hanging open and May, who he was holding, looking shocked but happy. I felt like I needed to explain "I learnt karate." I told them, hoping that was enough of an explanation.

He closed his mouth and said "Help." I was confused.

"You want help?" I asked. He shook his head and after swallowing a few times, seemed to be able to get out a coherent sentence.

"I came to help you. Come on, we have to go before more turn up." He told me, while indicating for me to follow. I just followed, thinking about what had just happened. I didn't understand anything that was going on at the moment, but I would get my answers out of Rob when we were somewhere safer.

I followed him through a door I hadn't noticed next to the bathroom and out into the garden, He ran to the end of the garden and instructed "Climb the wall, I’ll hand May up to you then climb over as well." I nodded and climbed, the wall was a metre taller than me, but that was okay because there were cracks in it and chipped bricks that could be used as foot and hand holds. I got to the top and leant down a bit to receive May, as Rob held her up. The drop on the other side was the same height but this time onto a concrete floor of an alleyway.