Chapter 2

Recap:

Ted looked distraught and ran after her saying "May wait! Let me explain." but she carried on running up the stairs. I followed them out and saw Ted stop as he heard a door slam shut. I walked to the bottom of the stairs but couldn't see anything of upstairs. I turned to look at Ted about to tell him it was fraud what he was planning and that, if she didn't want to go, he shouldn't force her, when his face went from looking distraught, to blank, to shocked and then he fell over. I thought he was joking but then I realised he was having a heart attack. Great, it's my first day and I find out this is but isn't a care home, my boss only hired me because I look like one of the children's mother and then he goes and has a heart attack. What could possibly happen next?

**************************************************

Chapter 2

I stood there for a few moments not believing that any of this was really happening, I was probably dreaming again, but that was blown out of the water when a man came running over from out of nowhere and asked "What happened? I was outside sorting out the garden when I heard screaming." I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. He was 6ft, had light brown hair cut into a buzz cut, was lean and looked to be in his early 20s, but that wasn't why I was speechless, it was just that so much had happened I didn't know where to begin. "He's had a heart attack, have you phoned the number for help?"

That snapped me out of my daze, I ran to the phone picked it up but dropped it, I bent down to pick it up and dialed 999 putting *9 first to unlock the phone. "Hello, how may we help you?" A female voice said on the line. I was about to answer when something on the front door caught my eye.

"It's the symbol, from my dream." I didn't realise I had said this allowed until a voice in my ear asked "What?" On the door was a vertical line with a triangle next to it with like an arrow. "My dream, and that symbol, how could it be?" I was in shock and talking to myself out loud.

Ever since I could remember I’ve had weird dreams, dreams that seem so real that I used to be confused which world was the real world, dreams that would tell me things I never knew, about the people around me and the one thing all my dreams had in common were the symbols I saw in them. I hadn't seen them outside my dream before, I didn't even know what they meant, but I knew that they were important. It was just something about them. Looking at this symbol gave me a feeling of being focused but not having to rush, a word popped into my mind when I stared at the symbol, patience.

I was snapped out of this by someone snatching the phone out of my hand and asking "What the hell were you doing!?" I turned confused, to look at the man from earlier, then I remember what had happened. I quickly looked back at the door but the symbol was gone. I must have been seeing things because I was in shock over everything that had happened. It would be understandable. "Why were you phoning 999? Don't you know anything?" He asked as he quickly dialed a number.

I decided to prove to him I did know something. I checked Ted's pulse and breathing but found nothing so I started compressions and after a few I breathed into his mouth while holding his nose. I keep this up until he started breathing again by himself and his heart started again. The only reason I could do this was because I’ve wanted to be many things throughout my life and have done work experience for them where ever possible. I learnt CPR while doing work experience with a hospital, we were on a call out when someone had a heart attack and because it was only me and the Doctor she needed me to do the CPR while she called for an ambulance and a specialist.

I didn't realise until I had stopped that May had come back down. She was looking at Ted with tears in her eyes, and then turned to me and asked "Did I do that?" She was only six, so didn't understand it wasn't her fault, and she looked really upset about it.