Extra Chapter

Extra (Rob's POV)

This is how Rob, May and Max were able to get Ava's birthday presents.

I didn't want to leave Ava alone after what happened with Gabriel, I didn't know what was up with him at the moment, so I didn't know if he might try attacking Ava again. I turned around to see Ava's worried face and smirked as an idea came to mind. "Mia, Sara, can you look after Ava while Me, May and Max sort out the surprise?" They both could protect Ava while I was gone and I knew what they would say before I even asked. I was surprised Ava didn't object, but I guess Gabriel had scared her more than I thought. I'm guessing it's not a nice feeling, not being able to breathe.

"Yep! We know exactly what to do in the meantime." Mia replied with a huge smile on her face. I turned back to Ava and saw her worried expression, it made me chuckle. I then left the kitchen with May and Max following. Mia and Sara would probably try to dress Ava up; it would be funny to see if she let them. Ava was strong willed when it came to certain things but when it came to clothes and make overs the twins were strong willed too, I hadn't seen them lose to someone yet.

When May had woken me up this morning telling me she couldn't find Ava to give her a birthday card, I was worried about where she was but also surprised she hadn't mentioned it to me. Before we started looking for Ava, May had asked me for help with a surprise she had planned for Ava. May had seen us getting Ava's birthday presents from her parents, and saw where they were hidden. I promised to help May get them, it would be a great surprise for Ava and after everything that had happened to her, I think this would help in a small way.

I had a plan, and as we walked to Ava's family home, I told Max and May and asked for their opinions. They agreed and when we got to their house, we set the plan in motion.

All of Ava's stuff would have been removed while they were wiping the families mind, but they probably didn't know it was Ava's birthday, so wouldn't bother to look anywhere other than her room.

I knocked on their door holding May's hand while Max hid in the bushes by the side of the house. The door opened and a woman who looked a lot like Ava opened the door. She was shorter than me and was wearing everyday clothes. I put a fake smile on and started my script. "I'm sorry to bother you, but we're new to the area. We got kind of lost while taking a walk and I was wondering if you could give us directions to Blank Moore Crescent, and if it's not too much trouble, could my daughter use your toilet?" I got the idea for this from the conversation I had with Ava yesterday, when I thought May had out grown me. I was just jealous I realised afterwards, but May really was like a daughter to me.

"Come in, come in. I'll give you those directions while your Daughter uses the toilet." She told us as she ushered us in. Then told May, "The toilet's the first door at the top of the stairs." May smiled before, going upstairs.

May would close the bathroom door and then go to the master bedroom, where she saw the presents and drop them out the window to Max, who would then hide them in the alleyway and wait for us.

She gave me the directions, and I asked questions here and there about the directions and that turned out to be enough time for May to do things because I heard the toilet flush and the tap turn on.

When May was back I picked her up and said "Thank you." To Jill, Ava's Mum, as she let us out.

"That's alright. You have a beautiful daughter by the way." She told me. May smiled and giggled.

"Thank you." I said again before starting to leave. Luckily the directions she gave us lead past the alleyway, so we could just go down there instead.

As I was walking away from the door I heard Jill say quietly "I always wanted a daughter." Before closing the door. I felt sorry for both her and Ava. Jill would never remember Ava, while Ava would never forget Jill and her family. It was the same with all of us but seeing it happen again always made me remember my family and with the memories came the pang of loneliness and hurt.