Chapter 20

Harry sat at the bench of the waiting shed. He's waiting for Paul to pick him up at Monday afternoon. He's now back at school and he's contemplating whether to go to Zayn's final game before he'll finally graduate at High school.

Harry's biting the tip of his thumb, thinking "Harry? I'm going to Louis's school. Are you—are you watching?" Niall asked as Harry looked up to him "I don't know Ni" he answered as he looked at his black leather shoes.

Niall sat beside Harry and sighed "He said he was sorry right?" Niall said as Harry nodded "Yeah, but, I don't know if I want to believe him" Harry answered as Niall put his hand on his shoulder "Come with me at the game. Maybe it will be the last that you'll see him? And from there, try to realize your feelings if you can be without Zayn" Niall said as Harry looked at him with a worry look "And if you're sure that you can live without him, then, we'll go" Niall added as Harry bit his bottom lip and nodded.

Paul brought Niall and Harry at the game. Harry's heart is hammering on his chest and he doesn't even know why.

Once they're at the school, they went directly to the stadium and found themselves a sit near the bleachers. Harry looked around as he saw Zayn with the other players, encircling their coach. Harry's heart started to beat fast seeing Zayn wearing a number 25 jersey.

Niall elbowed Harry "Are you okay?" Niall asked as Harry nodded and gave out a force smile "I'll be alright" Harry answered. The game has now started as the players started to put on their helmet and jogged towards the field. Harry's eyes are fix at Zayn and he's praying that he'll do good in their final game.

As the whistled sounded, the crowd began to cheered as the match had began. Harry's full concentration is with Zayn all the time. The rival scored first as the people Awed and the other cheered. Harry crossed his fingers every time the ball landed on Zayn "Please touchdown, please" Harry mumbled as Zayn threw the ball and went flying, shooting it at the ring as the crowd cheered!

Harry's eyes brightened that Zayn scored!

"Can you still handle it?" Niall asked as Harry nodded "I'll be alright" Harry answered again as Niall went back to the game. Harry stayed until the half part of the game was finished. He can surely handle this. He'll be alright.

Zayn and his team went back to their coach as they have another meet—up. And as Soon as Zayn looked at the bleachers area, his hazel eyes widened seeing Harry. Zayn's heart started to beat fast and his breathing even more labored, he doesn't know if its from the game or from Harry.

Both of them locked eyes and as soon as Harry realized that they're staring at each other, he averted his gaze. All their memories went flooded back on his mind. From meeting him at the alley, from Zayn kissing him, meeting his parents and their real kiss. Harry's eyes started to water.

The whistle sounded as the game started again. Harry watches Zayn as his heart was in pain. The crowd are cheering nonstop as Harry's eyes keeps on tearing up. And Harry realizes that he loves Zayn so much that he doesn't want him out of his life.

Harry sobbed and sobbed as the game keeps on going. He can't and he doesn't want to lose Zayn. As the final time counted at the big clock, the crowd began to count and waited if who'll win the game and with a bang, the crowd cheered as Zayn Malik, made a touchdown! The crowd cheered and applauded as the South High school won the game.

Niall shake Harry "They've won! They've won!" Niall shouted as Harry looked at the score board and indeed, Zayn's school won. The bleachers started to play a victory music as Harry wiped his tears away "You okay Harry?" Niall asked as Harry nodded "I'm okay. I think I've made my decision" Harry smiled "Oh? So?"

"I love Zayn. And if he's not yet ready to come out, and I don't know if he'll ever be ready, I'll be here for him. But I have to let him go. He can live his life in the closet but if he'll come out, I'll be waiting for him" Harry said as Niall side hug him "That's a painful decision Harry" Niall said.

"Thank you for coming to see the game everyone!" The people stopped chattering and cheering as the Principal of the school quieted the crowd using a mic "Great game guys! And congratulations to our team that they've won this cup!" The people cheered "Now, we have a little token for our team tonight. We will announced the MVP of the year!" The people cheered some more "The MVP of the year will be receiving a little cash. Our way of thanks for delivering us great trophies this year" The Principal then held an envelope "The MVP of the year goes to—" the Principal opened the envelope and took out the paper as they can hear faint drumrolls "—none other than, the team captain itself, Zayn Malik!" The crowd cheered as Harry's heart burst with Happiness, if Zayn was still his boyfriend, he's the most proudest boyfriend.

Zayn smiled as Louis and Liam gave him a hug and fist bump and his coach hugged Zayn "Congratulations Malik!" The Principal said as he gave the Cheque to Zayn and the cup that they've won tonight. Zayn smiled at the crowd as the girls squealed.

Then Zayn's eyes landed at Harry's green eyes as Harry's breathing hitches when they've locked eyes again "Here, speech!" The Principal said as he gave the Mic to Zayn.

Zayn cleared his throat as he shakily held the mic on his lips "I don't know know what to say but Thank you!" Zayn started as the crowd applauded "Uhm. I just want to thank you all tonight for being here and for watching our last game as seniors. I'll totally cherish this moment" Zayn raised his hand holding the cup making the people cheered some more.

Zayn lowered his hand and smiled at the crowd "I also want you guys to know that tonight is the special night because not only We've won the game but also, my boyfriend is here at the crowd" Zayn started as the people to look around and others began to gasped knowing that Zayn, the handsome jock has a boyfriend.

While Harry, his heart started palpitating and he can hear his own pulse from what Zayn had just said. Is Zayn being serious? He's outing himself?!

Niall held Harry's arms tight as he heard Zayn "Yup! Harry Styles, I love you. I'm sorry I pushed you away but I realized that I don't wanna lose you! I love you!" Zayn added as they suddenly heard the crowed booe'd and spitting words like 'faggot' or 'gay' or 'cock sucker'

But there are some who squealed and cheered, accepting Zayn.

And this moment on, Zayn had just came out to everyone!

// A/N: OMYLAWD! Did Zayn just—my heart! He come out! Aww, I mean, he really loves Harry that he outed himself to the whole crowd. I'm so proud of you Zaynie! And Ohman! I sucked at writing a football game. I didn't even know why I used football in the first place. I could've used baskteball, baseball or soccer but meh, whatever. Lol!

MY HEART IS IN PAIN for Harry's decision! He love him so much that he'll be waiting for him til he comes out. Aww 💕

Thank you guys for the read, votes and comments! Thank you for sticking around in this AU even though it's a nonsense. Lol! kidding! Anyway, spread love and not hate!

— the CAT xx