Chapter 18

Harry and Zayn mostly texted since Zayn's busy with practice. The game's next week and this week, the coach told Zayn that he should be at practice everyday after school. Its tiring but it'll be worth it since Zayn's been preparing this his whole life and football is his way to college.

Harry really is an understanding person and lets Zayn decide on their relationship. When Zayn says they'll be communicating through text, Harry followed. When Zayn said not to call, Harry agrees. He likes Zayn so much that whatever he says, he'll follow. He doesn't want to pissed him off or irritate him.

It's been three days since they agreed to be boyfriends and Harry wants to spend time with Zayn. Not just texting, calling and sometimes face timing but he wants to hold him, kiss him and cuddle with him. But Zayn doesn't have the time "What if I surprise him?" Harry said to Niall. They're at the cafe this time because Niall wants to have some coffee "Surprise him?"

"Yeah. I'll go to their school and give him flowers" Harry chuckled "That's too gay!" Niall teased as Harry rolled his eyes "I'll buy him doughnuts then. He loves Sweets" Harry said as Niall nodded "That's sweet. But it's a bad idea" Niall answered as Harry frowned "Why?"

"Because surprises always leads to bad outcomes"

"Where did you hear that quote?" Harry raised a brow as Niall shrugged "Just saying" He said as he sipped his coffee "Whatever. I'll surprise him tomorrow. I'll buy dozen of doughnuts and will personally deliver it at his school" Harry smiled with his dimples out "As much as I want to support you on that, but I won't because it's a bad idea!" Niall pushed as Harry looked at him with confusion "What's up Ni? Why are you so bitter towards the idea of a surprise?" Harry asked as Niall sighed. He hold his coffee cup with two hands "Louis. He's been acting all surprisey lately" Niall started "We always texted and sometimes he calls me on my phone. We never do that you know? The consistent texting"

"I mean, that's not bad? Zayn and I are always texting"

"Its just weird. And on the weekend, he brought me to this beautiful cabin and we've spent our entire weekend there. And he was being all sweet, clingy and touchy. And just this morning, a delivery man came to my house and delivered some flowers and some pastry all from Louis" Niall explained "He's not like that before. Its sweet but it weirded me out" Niall pouted as Harry propped his elbows on the table "I wish Zayn can be like that" Harry said "He isn't sweet?"

"No he is. I mean, we haven't really dated outside. Like, going strolling on the mall together or held hands in public. At least Louis isn't afraid to express his love" Harry added as Niall's eyes widened "Love?" He asked as Harry nodded "Yeah. You know, my Father is like that. He doesn't say he loves us but he just shows it. He showers Mum with beautiful gestures. Dad isn't a vocal type of person. He likes to show it than say it" Harry said as Niall's heart thumped.

Couldn't be that Louis loves him?

"Maybe he's too shy to say that he loves you or he's not a vocal person when it comes to it" Harry shrugged as Niall gulped, Louis had been acting all touchy and lovey dovey ever since He'd said the three words. So that's must be it.

Niall smiled at Harry "I'm really glad you're my bestfriend" Niall said "And don't do your surprise for Zayn tomorrow okay? It's a bad idea" Niall added as Harry just gave a tongue out.

*****

Today's Thursday and the game will be next week Monday. Zayn had been working hard on his practice so that they'll win the game. His whole body is tired but he won't give up that easily. He needed this.

So after Lunch period, he went to his locker to get some of his books for his classes this afternoon. Louis and Liam are at their lockers and agreed to meet him at his locker after packing up.

Zayn was busy with his books when he started to hear some students chattering. When he closed his locker, his eyes widened seeing a tall, lanky and curly haired in uniform approaching him. What's he doing here?!

Harry's all smiles and his green eyes brightens. Zayn's heart started to beat fast as the students at the hallway began to stared at Harry, following him and when Harry's inches away from Zayn, he stopped "Hi" Harry greeted as Zayn was stunned seeing Harry at his school. Zayn didn't know what to do. He wanted to melt away "Here, for you" Harry offered Zayn a box that has written Sweets on it. Zayn's eyes looked at Harry's green ones and he can't form words to say.

"Zayn? Are you alright?" Harry asked as the students began to gossip and Zayn's feels like he's fainting. Harry shouldn't be here.

No one must know that he likes Harry.

No one must know that he's gay!

Zayn's inside are churning that he wanted to vomit. Harry take hold of Zayn's shoulder and look at him with a concern face "Zayn? What's wrong?" Harry asked as Zayn suddenly felt angry towards Harry that he's at his school without him knowing. Zayn then grab the box of doughnuts and threw it on the side and that startled Harry. The rest of the students gasped from the scene "Leave!" Zayn said as Harry's eyes widened and his heart started to ache "Zayn, what are you......"

"I said leave!" Zayn shouted as Harry flinched from his loud voice. Zayn wasn't looking at Harry. Both Liam and Louis appeared in view as they both saw what happened. This is what Louis had feared. Zayn isn't ready to tell the whole world about Harry.

Harry stood still on his place, looking at Zayn with fear, what did he done wrong? "Hey? Didn't you hear me?! I said leave! Get out of my face!" Zayn shouted again as Harry's heart got shattered right there. Harry didn't say anything as he turned around and started to walk off with tears in his eyes.

Niall was right. Surprises are bad idea.

// A/N: Omg! Zayn?! What are you doing?! What have you done?! Why did you do that to Harry?! You can't just pushed him away! You're an idiot! My heart! Its hurting! What an asshole move, Zayn.

I get affected on my own story. Lol!

Guys! Thank you for reading this AU! Sad to say, only few chapters left before epilogue. Yep! Spread love and not hate! 🌻

— the CAT xx