Epilogue Part 1

Chapter 44: Epilogue Part 1

Again everyone gathered in Klaus's study. He held Caroline close; he loved that radiant energy bouncing off of her. He could tell by the indulging atmosphere that everyone was happy, and ecstatic that they had finally gotten rid of their enemies. They wanted to party. There was also a sense of relief. The kids were currently in the basement with Liz and April and he wanted to get this over with as soon as possible. He had to relay the message from his mother as it was important for their existence.

"So why did you call us here? We kind of want to get the party started," Damon said.

"Yes brother, we have waited for this moment for so long," Kol said.

"Kol, I believe you have already forgotten what our mother had said," Klaus said. "So before our mother, Esther, left along with Mikael. She gave us a little advice about the kids."

"What about the kids?" Caroline said as she looked at him with her bright green eyes truly curious about what he was about to say.

"She said that they were the balance of nature and that's where their loyalty will forever remain," Klaus said.

"Okay, so what. I mean look at Bonbon, she's loyal to nature. It's witchy stuff which makes sense because your kids are quarter witch," Damon said.

"Well mate, there's more. Apparently, any act against nature or humanity would be considered against them and they would be obliged to hunt them down," Klaus said.

"And your point is...." Damon said.

"We're vampires," Caroline said immediately as she looked at him. He smiled at her. It didn't surprise him that she got it and the rest didn't.

"You are right sweetheart. Our survival is against nature," Klaus said.

"You mean to say that our own children will kill us?" Rebekah said.

"Yes, it could be possible, Bekah," Klaus said.

"But mother said that as long as we don't take human lives," Kol said.

"Yes, she did address that we needed blood to survive," Elijah said.

"That's simple, everyone is on my kind of diet now," Caroline smiled.

"What's that Blondie?" Damon said.

"Blood bags," Caroline said with a smile. "The idea is not to harm humans which include killing them and turning them."

"You're saying that if I feed directly from a human, your kids are going to come and kill me?" Damon said sarcastically.

"Yes only if you kill them," Caroline said. "Basically, no human should die because of who we are."

Everyone seemed to understand the circumstances and was accepting of it.

"Alright then, let's get the party started!" Kol said.

Everyone cheered as they left Klaus's study. Caroline was about to leave as well when he took her hand and pulled her towards him. Both of his hands went around her waist as her hands rested on his chest.

"Where do you think you're going?" Klaus whispered into her ears and then placed a kiss on her neck. He peppered kisses down her neck.

"Nik! Not here," Caroline whispered as her breath became out of range.

"Why not," he said as his lips ghosted over hers.

"Never mind," Caroline said as she brought her lips upon his hard. Their lips moved against each other as their tongues intertwined. Caroline gives a small moan and bits his lower lip. Klaus growls in response and his hands roam her backside. Suddenly, the door flew open which caught them off guard.