Trip to be Found

Chapter 38: Trip to be Found

Elijah came around and stood next to Katherine after he had closed the casket door. He looked down at the screen Katherine had been looking at. It had been seven years. He had no idea where his family was or what had happened to them. He looked around the room; there were no other caskets.

Katherine looked away from the phone screen and looked around. She felt kind of disoriented.

"Elijah, where are we?" Katherine asked.

"At home," Elijah answered.

"Home?" Katherine wondered. She had never been here before.

"This is the cellar of the Mikaelson mansion," Elijah said. "We're in Mystic Falls."

"Mikaelson mansion?" Katherine said as she looked around. "So like Klaus to have a cellar."

Elijah smiled and took her hand.

"Come on, let me show you our home," Elijah said.

Elijah cautiously led her up the stairs as he kept an eye out for any kind of danger. They couldn't be more careful.

They made it to the main floor and he looked around. There was no one there. Strange, Mikael and Silas would have had someone to keep watch.

"There is no one here," Katherine said. "I've been up here."

"Strange," Elijah said as he walked over to the living room and peeped in. There he saw that blanket on the couch. "Now that makes more sense."

"What does?" Katherine said as she walked over to him.

"Seems like the guard had decided to take a break," Elijah said as he picked up blanket and whiffed at it. "They haven't been here for quite some time. No wonder those humans got it."

"Well I'm glad they did," Katherine said. Elijah smirked. He took her hand and led her up another flight of stairs. Once they were on the top, he took the north wing and walked down a hallway. He opened the door to a grand room with a large four poster bed. There was a fire place with a love seat in front it. To the side, there was a vanity with a walk-in closet a few steps away. There was a large picture of Elijah and Katherine. It was the one they took at Rebekah's wedding.

"Welcome to our room," Elijah said. Katherine looked around with her mouth hanging open. She had never seen such a grand room designed to her taste. It was so her and Elijah; impeccable taste with spunk.

"This is our room?" Katherine said as she continued to look around.

"Yes," Elijah said as he came from behind her and slid his arms around her waist. "What do you think?"

"It's amazing!" Katherine said.

"I wanted to show it to you before but never got the chance thanks to that fiasco with Silas and Mikael," Elijah said. The mention of Silas and Mikael brought Katherine back to the present. She quickly bolted out of the room, Elijah quickly followed.

"Katherine, what happened? Where are you going?" Elijah said. Katherine stopped in the middle hallway where the four wings connected.

"Which one is Klaus's?" Katherine said.

"The east wing," Elijah said still confused. Katherine started down the east wing and pushed open a door revealing a nursery with three cribs in it. She walked in and touched the side of the crib with 'Noah' written on the top.

"Do you think they are okay? Katherine said. Elijah put his arms around her.

"Yes, I believe that they are fine," Elijah said. Katherine nodded.