Strawberries

Chapter 17: Strawberries

Caroline held onto Klaus tightly as the wolves came closer. Klaus placed his arms around Caroline holding her close to him as possible. The wolves continued to walk towards them with hungry eyes. Out of desperation Klaus yelled,

"STOP!" There was this profound heaviness in his voice. All the wolves stopped where they were. They looked confused for a moment and then started to walk towards them again. One of the wolves launched toward them. Nik grabbed him by the neck and threw him to the ground. At this all the other wolves were startled and jumped away from them. Even Nik looked surprised at his ability. A wolf came and sniffed Caroline and walked away. A larger wolf came forward and sniffed at Nik and then bowed away. After it was about a couple of metres away, it let out a night piercing howl. Klaus looked shocked but Caroline seemed to have understood what was going on. The wolves probably sensed the alpha bloodline in Klaus but she didn't know why they let her go. All the wolves that were circling them slowly left. "Come on love; let us get out of here." Klaus pulled Caroline and started to run.

They ran for some time and they heard more howling. It had started to rain. Caroline and Klaus ran into a nearby cave. They were completely drenched from the rain. Then she looked around and realized this wasn't the cave they usually went to during full moons. It was different.

"Where are we?" She asked. Nik looked around and realized what she was asking about.

"This is sort of a private family cave." He said as he tried to drain his clothes of water.

"Family cave?"

"Yes, here." Nik came and got the lit torch from the other side and came back to face the opposite wall. There she saw all their names written in Old Norse.

"Your names." Caroline said as she walked by examining every single one.

"Yes love, looks like Rebekah put Stefan here too." Nik said as he looked at Stefan's name etched beside Rebekah's.

"Yes and look who I found." Caroline touched the name in front of her. It said 'Niklaus'.

"There is going to be another one beside it." Nik said as he took out his blade and started to carve. Once he was done Caroline looked at his carving, it said, 'Caroline'. She smiled and pecked him on the lips. Then Nik gathered some wood that was lying around in the cave and started a fire. They sat down against the wall. Nik put his arm around her. "I do not understand how that happened?" Nik said after a while. "How was I able to throw that wolf with one hand? And those wolves. They sort of stopped just because I said 'stop'." Nik said. Caroline didn't say anything. She knew the reason but then she would have to explain how she knew.

"I don't know." She said.

"It was strange, as if they were bound to take orders from me." Nik said. Caroline knew she shouldn't let this conversation go on for too long. So she turned around and looked into his blue eyes.

"I think we have had enough of this conversation and I was thinking since we are here alone, together, we could do something like this." She kissed his lip slowly but passionately. She slipped her hand under his shirt slowly sliding down his chest.

Nik didn't need any more showing. He kissed her back and slowly placed her on the ground. He trailed kisses down her neck to her chest. Caroline let out soft moan. The way he touched her set her on fire. He undid her dress and pulled it off of her and she helped him undress. Caroline gasped as his mouth covered one of her breast and his other hand teased the other. He moved down her stomach, she arched her back as he came closer to her core. Now she wanted him bad. She brought him back up to her and kissed him. He slowly pushed into her as their tongues tangoed and lips moved in perfect synchronization. Their bodies moved in rhythm slowly approaching their peaks. He let out a throaty growl as he released into her. They both breathed heavily. Caroline kissed him and then snuggled close to him. Soon they fell asleep.