Rounding up

Chapter 42: Rounding up
Hey Everyone! Thank you for continuously supporting me I thought that I should give you something. Just to answer some questions, Rebekah and Stefan are staying in a guest bedroom at the Mikaelson mansion. Rebekah had moved out to be with Stefan before it was even built. I hope you enjoy this next chapter. :)
——————————————-

A few moments of silence passed as the adults watched the wolves dash on the lawn. Their moves were so elegant as if they were gliding around on the greenness. The kids quickly started a game of wolf tag and Esther slowly closed the door. As soon as the door closed, Klaus's face was right in front of her.

"What was that mother?" Klaus said angrily.

"How was that possible? What happened that they had to transform?" Caroline sobbed.

"Calm down, you two," Esther said as took a seat at the kitchen table.

"I want answers!" Klaus yelled.

"And you shall have them once you have calmed down," Esther said. She then looked at Rebekah and Stefan who were also a little startled, "I believe you two probably have questions as well."

Rebekah and Stefan quietly took a seat at the table. Caroline and Klaus sat down on the other side.

"Well, Stefan and Rebekah, you two probably put it together that the twins will have power and will tap into it at the age of nine. Am I right?" Esther said. Rebekah and Stefan nodded in agreement.

"But they are only seven," Rebekah said.

"They are, it's just that they had to grow up a little early without their parents," Esther said. "They tapped into it a little early."

"But that doesn't explain the triplets," Klaus said.

"Actually it does," Esther said. "They also transformed into wolves on their seventh birthday, Niklaus."

"Oh my gosh, my poor babies. I can't believe they have to go through so much pain at such a young age," Caroline said.

"Caroline dear, their transformation is pain free. It's natural to them and they love it!" Esther's eyes gleamed with pride.

"What?" Klaus said. He was thoroughly confused. "They can just phase in and out?" Esther nodded. "That's incredible," he whispered. The atmosphere in the room had dramatically taken a turn.

"I know," Caroline said. She was happy as long as her little ones weren't in pain. Klaus suddenly got out of his chair and opened the back door. He looked out into the yard at his three little wolves. They were so beautiful. His baby girl was just like Caroline, a gorgeous blonde wolf. From her posture, it could be told that she was wolf royalty. His first son was just like him, that pure grey shone in the sun. He was a little broad and they way he moved; there was no doubt of his lineage. Finally, his eyes landed on a bright white wolf with blue-green eyes. His fur was thick and brilliant. He was a little faster and stronger; he was a true alpha in all terms. He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked at the person whom it belonged to. Caroline smiled up at him.

"They are amazing," she whispered.

"They are; thank-you Caroline," Klaus said whole-heartedly as he took her hand and kissed the back of it. "Thank-you for such amazing and beautiful children." Caroline blushed.

"You're welcome," she said and chastely kissed his lips. "You know what, I kind of want to go out and play with them." Klaus smiled.

"I was thinking the same thing," he said.

"I think you two should transform here," Rebekah said. "I mean, you don't want them to see you in pain."

Caroline and Klaus nodded. She was right. The kids were so lucky they can shift in and out as they pleased without a hint of pain.