Triggered

Chapter 28: Triggered

The door bell rang. Stefan was looking through a grimoire with Rebekah.

"That must be Tasha," Rebekah said as she made her way to the door. She opened the door to find her girl with bright turquoise eyes standing in front of her.

"Hey!" Tasha said as she stepped in.

"Tasha! Thanks for coming!" Rebekah said as she hugged her.

"No problem, please tell me you're not getting those blurry visions again," Tasha said as they walked into the living room.

"Nope, those are all gone. Here let me introduce you to my family," Rebekah said. "This is my husband, Stefan Salvatore," Rebekah said. Stefan came up and shook Tasha's hand.

"Bonnie, she's also a witch, is in the library and the rest are out looking for hunters," Rebekah said. Tasha gave a confused look.

"I'll explain when we get to the library," Rebekah said. Just then Caroline walked out of her room.

"Oh and that's my sister-in-law, Caroline," Rebekah said cheerfully.

"Hi!" Caroline said.

"Hi," Tasha said.

"This is Tasha," Rebekah said.

"Where's the big bad hybrid?" Tasha said. Rebekah rolled her eyes.

"Nik's just gone out for a moment to get Caroline tuxedo cake she was craving," Rebekah smiled.

"Wow, I didn't know this is what the spirits were hiding," Tasha said as they walked towards the nursery.

"The real part is in here," Rebekah said as she opened the door to reveal two infants sleeping in their cribs. Tasha had an awed expression on her face.

"They're yours?" Tasha said. Rebekah nodded.

"Oh my gosh, what a phenomenon!" Tasha said. Rebekah closed the door to the nursery.

"But I'm assuming this is not the reason you called me here," Tasha said.

"You're right," Rebekah said. She led her to the library where Bonnie was seated looking through another grimoire. She smiled when she saw Rebekah and Tasha walk in.

"We have to stop Silas from dropping the veil," Rebekah said.

"Bekah, you're asking for something that's impossible. Silas is very powerful!" Tasha said.

"I know but there has to be some loop hole. There's always one. That's what Bonnie and the rest of us are trying to figure out. That's why I called you, we need your help," Rebekah said. Tasha nodded.

"I'll do whatever I can to help," Tasha said. She went and sat down beside Bonnie. They started to discuss what they knew so far.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rebekah walked into their bedroom to find Stefan, wearing pajama bottoms, sitting on the bed flipping through movie channels. The twins were sleeping now and wouldn't get up for another three hours. Rebekah got changed joined him.

"Anything interesting?" Rebekah said.

"Yes," Stefan said and then turned the TV off, grabbed her by her waist and pushed back so that he was on top. Rebekah laughed. It felt like it had been awhile since the last time they were together. All their time was spent with the twins or figuring out this Silas problem. A cherry on top was that the house was full of vampires with impeccable hearing.

"Everyone's going to hear," Rebekah whispered.

"It's only Nik and Caroline and we can be really quiet," Stefan said. "Who cares anyway; we're married."