Considerations and Thoughts

Chapter 12: Considerations and Thoughts

"Kol! What are you doing here?" Rebekah said shocked.

"Well it's not just me. I told you brothers." Kol said and right then Klaus, Elijah and Finn walked out from the woods into the clearing. "Our sister is a strumpet." Kol said with a smirk.

Klaus looked angry like he would beat Stefan to the ground. Finn and Elijah stood there staring at Rebekah and Stefan seriously.

"How could you do this to us Stefan? Our sister? We gave you and your sister food and shelter. We trusted you." Elijah said.

"We trusted you mate, little did we know that you would go behind out backs and screw our sister." Kol said without any humour.

"You are going to pay for this Stefan." Klaus said as he approached them.

"Nik stop!" Rebekah said as she stood in front of Stefan. "I love him!"

"Bekah get out of the way!" Kol said as he followed Nik towards them.

Nik came and pushed Rebekah out of the way. He grabbed Stefan and held him against the tree.

"How dare you?" Nik said.

"Nik let him go!" Rebekah said as she tried to get Nik to let go, but he didn't.

"Nik let me explain." Stefan said.

"What is there to explain?" Nik said.

"Niklaus let him go." Elijah said. Nik slowly loosened his grip and let go Stefan.

"Explain yourself." Finn said folding his arms across his chest.

"My intentions are noble. I love Rebekah and I wish to marry her. I would never do anything to dishonour a family who has given me and my sister so much." Stefan said as he looked at all the brothers.

"Why did you go behind our backs?" Kol said. Right then Caroline walked into the clearing.

"That was not my intention." Stefan said. Caroline realized what was going on. The Mikaelson brothers had found out about Stefan and their little sister.

"This is a load of bollocks." Nik said as he turned away as anger gleamed in his blazing blue eyes.

"And this is coming from someone who is courting someone else's sister as well." Caroline said. Nik immediately turned around and glared at her. She adamantly looked back at him her green eyes determined to make him see he was wrong.

"What?" Stefan was confused.

"Well Nik? What do you have to say about that?" Caroline said looking directly into his eyes and arching one eyebrow.

"Caroline? You two are seeing each other?" Stefan asked. He knew that Klaus had a thing for her but never realized that Caroline would consider going out with him.

"Yes." Caroline replied to Stefan and then went back to looking at Klaus. She crossed her arms across her chest as she waited for him to respond.

"You don't understand Caroline..." Klaus started.

"Don't understand what Nik? That my brother is courting your sister just like you are courting me." Caroline said.

Nik was getting angry. How dare she speak to him like that? But a part of him liked her sharp tongue.

"He never asked to court her!" Nik said.

"Ask? Ask who? I am positive that Rebekah is here has given him approval. And I don't remember you asking my brother if you could court me." Caroline continued.