Exploring

Chapter 6: Exploring

Stefan POV

Stefan walked out of the house in the early morning. The sun was just rising and the cool morning breeze touched his face. This was going to be a little difficult getting used to. He came over to the fire pit and sat down. He had been trying to wrap his head around the fact that Caroline and him were going to stay here with the Mikaelsons, about a thousand years in the past, for a while. He then heard someone's footsteps coming towards him. He quickly looked up to find Rebekah standing in front of him.

"I am sorry. Did I disturb you?" She said. She was wearing a light pink dress and her hair was perfectly done with intricate braids crowning her head and the rest of her long hair down. Stefan stood up and after a moment said,

"No, not at all." This was the first time ever that he had been stuck for words in front of Rebekah.

"Did you sleep well?" Rebekah said.

"Yes, thank-you for asking." Stefan answered.

"That's good. Caroline and I stayed up talking, she's still asleep. She must have been very tired." Rebekah said.

Stefan laughed. That was so Caroline, she was never able to get up early after a late night.

"What's so funny?" Rebekah asked with a confused look on her face.

"Caroline, she can't get up early if she slept late the night before. You'll probably have to pull her out of bed." Stefan said. Rebekah laughed.

The rest of the Mikaelsons joined them for breakfast. Barely anyone spoke, everyone quietly finished their breakfast. Stefan looked towards the house, still no sign of Caroline. After breakfast, Mikael went off saying that he needed to go meet with the village council members. Rebekah and Ester started preparing for a trip to a nearby village.

"Hey mate, do want to come fishing with us?" Kol asked.

"Sure." Stefan said. He left with Finn and Kol for a fishing trip. He was glad Kol was going, it was always entertaining.

Caroline's POV

"Uhhhh." She said as she put her hand over her eyes blocking the sunlight. She turned around and was about to fall off the bed when she suddenly sat up. It hadn't been a dream, she was still in the past. Right then the door opened and Rebekah walked into the room.

"Oh good, you're awake." Rebekah said. She was dressed in a pink dress and her hair was done so beautifully. "Mother and I are going to a nearby village to get somethings and help heal some people there who are ill. We will be back by lunch. I really wanted to take you however, you're not ready yet." Rebekah said as she took a cream coloured dress out for Caroline.

"I am late!" Caroline said. They probably thought she was some kind of lazy girl who didn't do anything. "You should have woken me up!" Caroline said as she took off her dress from yesterday put on the new one.

"I will from now on, Stefan told me how you can't get up if you've slept late the night before. Also I have saved you some breakfast." Rebekah laughed as she left the room closing the door behind her.

Caroline started to comb out her long hair. She never had such long hair before and had no idea how to manage it. Finally, after she had played with her hair for a while she decided to take some of her hair from each side and braid them. Then she combined the braids in the centre and left the rest out. She was going to have to learn from Rebekah how to do her hair. She opened the door and ran outside the house hoping to catch Rebekah before she left. Caroline looked around but Rebekah and Ester were no where to be seen. Giving up, she turned around to go into the house to get breakfast when she crashed into someone and slipped but strong arms had prevented her from falling to the ground. Caroline looked up to find Niklaus holding onto her at her waist. One of her hands held onto his firm biceps and her other hand on his chest. She looked up at him, his deep blue eyes looked down at her full of concern.