Becoming the Wolf

Chapter 35: Becoming the Wolf

Silas paced around the newly built Mikaelson mansion. All those vampires were currently distracted by his hybrid army. None of them would have thought about the place Mikael had actually died. He just needed Mikael to return before they closed the veil. This was his moment to get Mikael to do his dirty work.

As the moon was about to descend from its apex, Mikael's body came into view. As time passed, more colour returned to the body. Then Mikael's eyes flashed open. He quickly stood up on guard when he noticed Silas there.

"Finally," Silas smiled.

"Who are you?" Mikael said as he took a defensive stance.

"How rude of me; I'm Silas," Silas said as he held out his hand. When Mikael didn't shake it, he took it back.

"I've heard a lot about you," Mikael said.

"I'm sure you have," Silas said. "Seems like those witches are still helping Quetziah. Anyways, now on to more crucial topics; see I have realized that we both have the same goal. I need your pesky children and their friends out of my way and I believe you have desired the same?"

"I want Niklaus dead," Mikael said.

"Of course, he's the main thorn in my path," Silas instigated. "He's the reason your other children stand in my way. In our way."

From the expression on Mikael's face, Silas could tell he was winning. He was just waiting for the verbal confirmation.

"What exactly are you suggesting?" Mikael said. Silas smiled.

"Ah, now we are on the same page," Silas said. "First, we'll need to give them a warning as well as test their strength..."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rebekah walked up the stairs to Caroline's room when she heard something outside. Were they back already? She vamp sped into the room and rushed toward the window. The heads of the four other girls in the room turned to look at her.

"What is it Bekah?" Caroline asked as she joined her at the window.

"I don't know, I thought I heard someone outside," Rebekah said as looked around.

"I heard it too and assumed that the guys were back," Katherine said.

"That's strange, there's no one there," Caroline said as she returned to Eliza, who was sleeping on the bed. Caroline picked her up and put her in the crib.

"'I'm just going to take a look around outside just to make sure," Rebekah said. Something wasn't right; she just had that gut feeling. It was that feeling she got when he was around. She shook her head trying to get rid of the thoughts. It can't be, he was dead and the witches must have put the veil up before he could come back.

"I don't think that will be necessary," Katherine said. "This house is magically protected. Even if there's someone out there, they can't get in."

"She's right Beks. Just leave it," Caroline said.

"I know but I just want to check," Rebekah said as she sped out of the room and down the stairs.

"Bekah wait!" Caroline called and went after her followed by Sage and Elena.

"I'll be fine Caroline. I am an original," Rebekah said as she walked out the front door. She continued to walk out scanning her surroundings. The others followed her out just in case. If it was Silas, it would be harder for him to find them all at the same time.

"There's nothing out here," Katherine came out as well. "Let's go back in before the kiddies wake up."

All five girls were outside scanning the area when they heard something rustling in the bushes.