Attempts

Chapter 21: Attempts

Caroline sat with Liz on sofa sipping on tea. Liz had taken it well so far about how they were sent to the past and lived there for about a year, their time which was only fifteen days here. She even told her about how Stefan and Rebekah got married and had the twins.

"So this is Arianna Caroline Salvatore and this is Aden Kol Salvatore." Caroline said pointing to the twins.

"She has your name." Liz said as she admired the two beautiful children.

"Yes, Stefan and I said that we were siblings when we got there." Caroline said. Liz raised an eyebrow and then smiled.

"Well Stefan is like a son to me." Liz said. "He's always been there for you through your transformation." Caroline smiled. Her mom was right; he was always there for her as a brother and best friend. Now she had to tell her mom the more difficult part, the fact that she was pregnant with Klaus's babies.

"Mom, there's something else." Caroline said.

"What is it?" Liz looked up from the babies.

"I'm a hybrid now."

"What? How?" Liz asked. The last thing she knew was that her daughter was a vampire.

"Well, there's another part to it." Caroline started to fidget with her hands.

"Caroline, just say it!" Liz said sternly.

"I'm pregnant. With triplets. And I was turned into a hybrid during time travel so I can continue to carry the babies." Caroline said.

Liz looked at her shocked. Her daughter was pregnant? But she was still a teenager. But this was supposed to be good thing, because from what she knew vampires couldn't have babies. Still she was in school and had not even graduated from grade twelve yet. How was she going to raise three kids alone?

"Mom? Say something?" Caroline said nervously.

"I still can't wrap my head around it." Liz said.

"Mom I know this is a shock but think about it this way. At least I'm getting this opportunity." Caroline said.

"I know sweetie but you are still young." Liz said. "Who's the father?"

Caroline dreaded this part the most. She didn't know what her mom would say.

"It's Klaus." Caroline said.

Liz was shocked. A number of times she opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. After a while of silence, Liz finally spoke.

"Does he know?" She was still trying to get over the fact that her daughter was pregnant with the original hybrid's babies.

"No and neither does Rebekah. We need to trigger their memories." Caroline said.

"How are you going to do that?" Liz asked.

"We don't know." Caroline said.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Damon looked to the side. He must have been mistaken. Was it really Stefan? His hand loosened from around Bonnie's neck and his fangs receded.

"Stefan?" Damon said still shocked from what he was seeing. Stefan nodded. Damon fell back onto the couch with a perplexed expression. Everyone in the room except for Bonnie was shocked.

"Stefan!" Elena came over to him and hugged him. "You're okay." Stefan smiled but he was looking for someone else and there his eyes caught a pair of light blue eyes. He felt his heart jolt. All he wanted to do was run towards her and kiss her, hold her and take her with him. Rebekah looked back at him with a shocked expression. Could she possibly remember him? All he could do is hope that she got her memories back. He was about to walk towards her when Damon walked to him and placed a hand on his shoulder asked,