I Dare You

Chapter 25: I Dare You

Caroline looked at him for a brief moment trying to take in the fact that he was okay. It shook her to the core to when she realized that Silas could do this to Klaus. Klaus, who was the most powerful out of all of them, could be trounced by Silas. She felt drained and wasn't feeling well. He looked down at her waiting for her to say something, perhaps something about how she had just kissed him. It was something he wanted for so long. Caroline couldn't talk about this right now.

"I need to go home," she said. He looked a little taken back but then nodded.

"Let me drive you home," he said leading her to his car. He opened the door for her and she got in.

"Actually, can you drop me off at the Salvatore house instead," she said. It didn't feel like home without Rebekah and Stefan. He nodded wondering why she was always there. This trip had definitely brought Stefan and her closer. He felt anger course through him, actually it was envy.

She didn't know what to do, she was confused. Her plan had totally gone haywire and then there was a new problem, Silas. Caroline felt exhausted from all the turmoil she just needed to lie down.

They arrived at the Salvatore House. She smiled at him and got out of the car. Klaus watched her as she walked towards the house. Damon opened the door to let her in. Klaus sat in the car for a moment. She was the only one who could ever bring out the good in him. She saw right through him. He got out of the car and slowly made his way towards the house. He needed to talk to her.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Damon opened the door.

"Hey Blondie," he said. Caroline walked in and Damon shut the door behind her. Rebekah walked in hearing Damon greet Caroline.

Klaus stood outside the house wondering whether he should ask to talk to her or not when he heard his sister talk.

"Hey, didn't expect you so soon," Rebekah said. "How did it go? What happened?"

"Silas happened," Caroline answered as she walked into the guest room. She kicked off her shoes and lied down on the bed.

"What? Silas was there?" Rebekah said. Caroline nodded.

"Well, I didn't see him, Nik did," Caroline. Klaus's head snapped up at Caroline calling Nik. Only his siblings had ever called him Nik. Even his close friends called him Klaus. He listened closer. Caroline explained to Rebekah how she heard Klaus yell and about how he thought that Silas had stabbed him. But the whole time it was just a hallucination. She told her how she kissed him to get him to snap out of it.

"Wow, I didn't realize Silas was so powerful," Rebekah said.

"I know, I mean this guy could do this to Nik, imagine what he could do to the rest of us," Caroline said her voice shook and she became teary. Klaus could feel his heart jolt in his chest. Caroline had called him Nik again.

"Sorry, I don't mean to cry, it's just that I'm exhausted and hungry," Caroline said.

"No worries, here you go," Damon said as he passed her blood bag.

"Thanks," Caroline said as she took the bag and chugged it down. She didn't realize how thirsty she actually was. Once she was done, she put the empty bag on the side table.

"I'm scared about when they come into this world. I mean, babies are so small and dependent on their caretakers. What are we going to do?" Caroline said as she put her hand on her stomach.

"I know, it scares me too," Rebekah said. "But don't worry, we'll figure it out once Nik gets his memories back. Nik will always protect them Care. There is one thing about Nik and that is that he will do whatever he can to protect his family."