The One With Isobel's "Help"

Mulai dari awal

The strawberry blonde woman didn't even look up at the voices of her nieces and boyfriend as she made her way to the bottom of the staircase. Jenna only angrily told the older man, "I don't want you here, Ric. You need to go," before she headed straight towards the side closet without another sound.

Alaric took a steady deep breath as he knew he would get some sort of reaction like this from the strawberry blonde woman since he lied about something huge, so Alaric knew he just needed to stay calm and continue to try to get Jenna to understand. "Okay, listen," the history teacher softly uttered, "I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now."

Jenna swiftly twirled around and faced Alaric at his statement before she snapped, "rage and betrayal would pretty much cover it." The strawberry blonde woman then turned back around and grabbed her light brown jacket from the closet. Jenna just couldn't even be in the same room of the people that lied to her as it was just too much to handle, so she decided she needed to leave.

Emily looked at her aunt in confusion as she just now noticed that Jenna was wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt along with her giant purse like she wasn't planning on sticking around. "Where are you going?" The human girl wondered before she stated softly, "I thought we could have the chance to talk for a bit." Emily knew it was a little far fetched for Jenna to want to talk to them right now, but she just needed to try so Jenna could understand why they never told her the truth.

Jenna paused in her step at the soft tone of her oldest niece but quickly shook her head as she reminded herself that Emily also lied to her and that she couldn't allow herself to forgive Emily right now. The strawberry blonde woman then grabbed her purse from the ground after she placed her jacket on and continued her journey to the front door. "I'm going to stay on campus," Jenna finally explained where she is going once she grabbed her keys from the clear crystal bowl, "I have a thesis to write, and I don't want to be in this house."

The history teacher quickly walked towards the strawberry blonde woman before she could leave as Alaric hurriedly uttered, "Jenna, please just stop." Alaric then glanced over to the twin sisters beside him once Jenna, thankfully, turned and faced him before the history teacher desperately pleaded, "let us explain to you exactly what is going on."

The strawberry blonde woman acted like she didn't even hear Alaric before she finally turned her gaze onto her nieces. "Emily, Elena, I need one of you guys to go to the Lockwood's today and accept the Historical Society's check for your mom's foundation," Jenna ordered as she was going to be on campus and wouldn't be able to make it before she swiftly twirled around and opened the front door to finally leave all the secrets behind her.

"I'll call and tell Mrs. Lockwood that there's been a change," Emily softly promised her aunt as she didn't want Jenna to have to worry about anything else right now. The human girl then quickly uttered once she realized Jenna was finally looking at her, "before you leave, though, can I just tal-"

However, before Emily could finish asking if they could just talk for a minute, the strawberry blonde woman quickly interrupted her oldest niece as she exclaimed on the brink of tears, "I don't have it in me to hear anymore lies from you." Jenna then moved her eyes over to Elena and Alaric and added, "from any of you," before she stepped over the threshold and slammed the door behind her.

The Gilbert house immediately went deadly silent after the strawberry blonde had left as they; Emily, Elena, and Alaric, were overcome by the turmoil of Jenna shutting them down when all they wanted to do was to explain everything to her. They all just felt so helpless since Jenna wouldn't even allow them to try to tell her the truth about how Isobel is alive.

The thick silence in the Gilbert house, however, didn't last that much longer as not even a minute went by with the drowning thoughts of their problems occupying everyone's mind before the familiar and irritating voice of John Gilbert loudly uttered, "it's better that she's not here, what with everything that's going on." The older man then slowly walked up to his daughters and the vampire hunter before he looked at them with false sadness and uttered, "but maybe had you been a little more honest with her from the beginning, this..."