CHAPTER 19

Emily groaned quietly when someone began to push onto her shoulder to wake her up

Emily groaned quietly when someone began to push onto her shoulder to wake her up. She carefully opened her eyes and saw Elena looking down at her with a worried facial expression. Emily was confused why Elena was waking her up, they usually woke up at the same time. Why was she still asleep while Elena was awake? Emily glanced around the dark room. But when she looked across the room, she froze in her spot. Sitting in a stiff chair across from the bed she was laying on was someone she didn't recognize. Emily came to the conclusion that she and Elena had been kidnapped since she didn't know the stranger and she didn't know the room she was in.

Emily carefully removed herself from the uncomfortable bed and grabbed onto Elena's hand. She took slow and cautious steps towards the locked door. Emily glanced back at the stranger but she saw he was still asleep, so she slowly reached for the deadbolt lock and steadily unlocked the long chain of the lock. She carefully sat the chain down before moving towards the last lock. It was the loudest sound she thought possible. As soon as she unlocked the door, a booming voice spoke from behind her.

"I wouldn't," the voice spoke loudly.

Emily gasped and quickly turned around to turn the person who kidnapped her and Elena. Emily was shocked when she saw it was Ben McKittrick, who she went to school with just a few years ago.

Ben smirked when he saw Emily's facial expression. "Well, isn't it Miss Emily Gilbert, Mystic Falls princess."

Emily glared at the older boy, "let us go. You don't want to do this," she didn't want Elena here anymore than she already was, so why not try to talk her way out of it?

Ben stared deeply into Emily's eyes and spoke slowly, "don't try to escape. Don't even move. Do you understand?"

Emily realized Ben was a vampire. And a new one at that, since he didn't notice the vervain hanging around her neck. Emily squeezed Elena's hand tightly before speaking in monotone, "I understand."

Ben scoffed before turning his back to the two sisters. As soon as Ben turned around, Emily quickly opened the door and tried to push Elena out of the room. But of course nothing is that easy, because someone was standing directly in front of the door. It was a young girl with dark hair, she pushed the two sisters back in the room and slammed the door shut.

"Seriously!?" the girl spoke to Ben in anger while holding each of the Gilbert sister's arms with a tight hold.

"I told her not to move!" Ben yelled out. "I did that eye thing that you taught me!"

"And you forgot the lesson about vervain!" the girl yelled while pushing the two sisters to a small door. "This one is dating a vampire," the girl spoke while pointing towards Elena, "and this one is best friend's with one," the girl spoke while pointing towards Emily.

The girl pushed the two girls against a closed door. "Who are you!? What do you want with us!?" Emily yelled to the girl she didn't know.

"Does it matter?" the girl spoke before pushing the two girls into a small room.