The One With The Masquerade Ball

The drive to the Lockwood mansion from the Gilbert house was very short for Emily

The drive to the Lockwood mansion from the Gilbert house was very short for Emily. It only took her about ten minutes before she spotted the brightly lit estate that was filled with people, loud music, and entertainment. Emily guessed that the reason for the short drive was because every resident of Mystic Falls was all here instead of on the roads.

It took the Gilbert girl an extra three minutes of driving around before she finally found a parking spot in the sea of vehicles that surrounded the large estate. Once Emily pulled the keys out of the ignition, she closed her green eyes as she tried to calm her mind. She knew this event was going to be very different from all the other ones. A lot of things could happen tonight; good and bad. Emily just hoped that no one will get hurt in the process.

"I can do this," Emily whispered to herself before she grabbed her black clutch bag from the passenger seat and exited her car. She leaned against the black door once she closed and locked it as she took a deep breath before she finally nodded her head as she was ready. She then began to make her way up to the Lockwood mansion with confidence as she believed everything would go as planned.

The darling child of Mystic Falls gave each passing resident a polite smile and a small hello as she moved through the large crowd. She was surprised and relieved how successful the Masquerade Ball was already doing. However, Emily still wanted to find Mrs. Lockwood right away. She wanted to let the mayor know that she was here and willing to help with whatever needed her attention. Emily knew how important this event was to the Lockwood family, so she didn't want the older woman to have to worry too much. Plus, it also helped Emily forget about the hidden agenda that was going to take place tonight.

"Well, if it isn't Ms. Emmie Gilbert," a loud but familiar voice instantly called out from the right side of the aforementioned girl as soon as she entered the Lockwood mansion.

Emily swallowed thickly as the voice was so similar to the one of the deceased werewolf. Just the thought of Mason made the Gilbert girl's chest tighten as his death was still very fresh in her mind. However, Emily knew she couldn't let it show she was mourning for someone that everyone thought was alive. So, the brunette girl took another deep breath, in less than fifteen minutes, before she placed a smile on her face and turned towards her right, where she saw the owner of the voice, Tyler Lockwood, and her blonde friend, Matt Donovan.

"Actually, her name is Ms. Perfect," Matt corrected once Emily was standing in front of him and Tyler with the name he called her by when he was at the Gilbert house earlier.

"Oh, really?" Tyler questioned teasingly as he crossed his suit covered arms over his thin red tie while he stared at the brunette girl in amusement.

Emily rolled her eyes at the two boys that she calls her best friends before she countered, "actually, it's kiss-my-ass-Matthew." The brunette girl's expression then turned into a grin when she looked down at Tyler's and Matt's similar suits and ties. "Well, don't my boys look quite snazzy," Emily complimented.