CHAPTER 22

Emily leaned against one of the old walls that surrounded the Salvatore boarding house and gazed calmly outside and watched while the rain, that suddenly took over Mystic Falls in less than one night, bounce off the diamond shaped windows

Emily leaned against one of the old walls that surrounded the Salvatore boarding house and gazed calmly outside and watched while the rain, that suddenly took over Mystic Falls in less than one night, bounce off the diamond shaped windows. Even though, Emily hated water that took her parents lives and almost took hers and Elena's, the effect of rain hitting the exterior of an house, always calmed her down. The sound of rain always made Emily feel like everything was okay. It would always bring back memories when she and Elena would make cookies on a rainy day with their mother and the three women would cuddle together on the couch. But her piece and quiet was interrupted by the reason she and Elena were at the Salvatore boarding house while there was a storm brewing through the small town. Damon was pounding heavily on a wooden plywood that he placed in front of the broken window that got ruined the night before.

"I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night," Damon told his brother simply once he finished hammering the makeshift window.

"Yeah. And then what?" Stefan questioned Damon while pacing slowly in front of the roaring fireplace. "We turn to the rest of that house of vampires and say, "oops. Sorry?"

Emily rolled her eyes when she saw Damon shrug playfully at Stefan's question. She moved away from the window and stood above Elena who was sitting on the couch before speaking towards the older Salvatore brother with distaste in her voice. "I can't believe you made a deal with Anna's mother, who kidnapped Elena and I."

"It was more like a helpful exchange of information," Damon told the green eyed Gilbert girl. "It's not like I had choice. She's..." Damon paused before adding, "scary." Damon smirked over at the two sisters that were in his eye sight, "besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine back."

"Of course she is," Elena huffed. "Damon gets what he wants, as usual. No matter who he hurts in the process."

"You don't have to get snarky about it," Damon stared at Elena.

Elena stood up from the couch and growled out towards the older Salvatore brother, "we woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky." Emily's face lifted up a small smirk at Elena's remark to the vampire. She was glad that her sister was finally standing up for herself when it comes to the blue eyed vampire.

Damon sighed heavily when he sat down on one of the leather chairs before turning to the fuming Elena, "how long are you going to blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?"

Elena crossed her arms over her chest with the shake of her head, "I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted the fact that you're a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities."

"Ouch," Damon mumbled towards Elena.

"Damn, that's gotta hurt," Emily smirked over towards the older Salvatore, who rolled his eyes at the two Gilbert sisters.