The One With The Connection & The Apology

Emily Gilbert took a deep and slow breath with her fingers wrapped around the cold doorknob at the Lockwood mansion as she prepared herself for the information that the original could tell her - which would probably change her whole life

Emily Gilbert took a deep and slow breath with her fingers wrapped around the cold doorknob at the Lockwood mansion as she prepared herself for the information that the original could tell her - which would probably change her whole life. The human girl stood there for almost three minutes before she forced the door open as she knew that this wasn't the time to be afraid. Emily knew that she needed to be strong and brave - like she had been doing since she found out about vampires - and ready herself to protect her family and friends against Klaus.

That's easier said then done, Emily told herself with a roll of her green eyes as she silently stepped over the threshold of the Lockwood mansion, I'm going to be a witch for crying out loud!

The Gilbert girl soon came to a stop when she spotted Elijah standing in front of her favorite painting in the whole Lockwood mansion. It was an image of a small girl with brown hair standing alone on top of a hill as she looked down at her city below shining in lights. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" Emily couldn't help but ask the original of his opinion as she slowly moved to stand beside him while her green eyes stayed locked on the painting.

"It reminds me of myself," Emily commented as, for the moment, she forgot about Klaus and the terror that he will bring along with the fact that she was going to become the next Radkova witch. The human doppelganger crossed her arms over her leather jacket before she continued in a soft voice as she spoke of her feelings, "it's how I feel lately - like I have the whole world on my shoulders and if I make one step out of line then it will just all fall apart."

The honey eyed original slowly moved his head to the side to gaze down at the Gilbert girl with a soft expression adoring his face from her honest words. "You will not be alone in this," Elijah assured the human girl in a gentle voice as he laid his large hand onto her shoulder. "You, my dear, will be the end of Klaus," the original promised with a slight smile to his face, "he will not know what hit him once he realizes there is one last Radkova witch."

Emily couldn't help the small smile that slowly pulled onto her lips from the original's assuring words. It helped the human girl feel slightly better and more confident - which she figured had something to do with the doppelganger connection - but she would ask about that later. Right now, Emily wanted to know what she was walking into by Elijah mentioning her looming witch status.

"So..." Emily drawled out as she walked away from the painting with the original vampire following right beside her before she led them back to the couches in the living room. "This whole witch thing," the human doppelganger mumbled as she took a seat onto the mayor's leather chair with Elijah sitting across from her before she inquired, "what's going to happen to me?"

Emily honestly was quite nervous and afraid - even though she would never admit that out loud. The thought of becoming a witch scared the Petrova doppelganger when she had been a human all her life. Emily felt a bit anxious that it was going to end up changing who she was. The human girl had watched and heard stories about how people changed once they became vampires, so Emily guessed that she was afraid that she wouldn't be the same person anymore.