The One With The Skype Call

It had been a few days since Emily had finally accepted the fact that she was a witch and had accepted the responsibility that she had to build up and strengthen her magic. The Radkova witch was currently sitting in front of the full body mirror in her bedroom at the Salvatore boarding house with a few items in front of her -- a necklace, an apple, and a pillow.

The Bennett witch had gave Emily some magic homework to do with a couple of spells for today as she continued to work on building her powers. The Radkova witch had already done a levitation spell and an enhanced hearing spell -- that last one was an amusing experience.

Emily had enlisted the help of Damon since Bonnie wanted her to try to do it on her own. The Radkova witch had Damon sit in the living room while she was in the study before she used a spell to listen in on Damon from a few rooms away. It was amusing for Emily when the only thing the Salvatore vampire babbled on and on about was about how bored he was.

The Radkova witch had also focused on controlling the ice and fire of her powers. Emily's new record for controlling the fire was for over twenty minutes without any icicles unexpectedly appearing. Emily was quite happy with herself after that since her ice powers were what worried her the most.

Emily was now working on an illusionary cloaking spell. The Bennett witch had mentioned to Emily that it would be a good spell for her to learn as it could come in handy for when she had to cloak someone or something important from any of their future enemies. Bonnie also mentioned that the bigger the item is, the harder it would be, so Emily decided that she would start off with something small until it got easier for her.

Emily picked up the plain silver necklace that she had found in the bottom of her jewelry box before she carefully read over the spell and information with it in her grimoire that sat laid open in front of her. The incantation was really simple but Emily remembered how Bonnie had told her that an important part of performing a spell is about believing and feeling that it will work.

The Radkova witch slowly ran her thumbs across each link of the necklace as she focused her mind solely onto the piece of jewelry before Emily looked at her reflection in the mirror and imagined the necklace disappearing. Emily released a deep breath before she whispered the incantation, "invisique."

Emily instantly grinned when she saw that the necklace had completely disappeared in front of her and it looked like she had nothing in her hands. The Radkova witch glanced down to her actual hands before she chuckled in amazement when she saw that she was still holding the necklace. "This is so cool," Emily mumbled to herself as she realized that to anyone else, she wouldn't be actually holding something.

Emily was honestly giggly with excitement to see what else she could hide from the naked eye. The brunette witch quickly placed the necklace back onto the ground after she disconnected the spell before she picked up the next item -- the red apple.

Emily grinned as she rolled the medium sized apple around her palms and thought about the red color and how yummy it tasted on a hot summer day before Emily focused her gaze onto her reflection through the mirror. "Invisique," the Radkova witch whispered as she kept her gaze locked onto the Red Delicious apple before she giggled when the fruit disappeared and it looked like she was holding an invisible ball in her hand.

The Radkova witch smirked to herself when an idea came to her mind before she focused her attention back onto her reflection. Emily slowly brought the apple towards her face before she took a bite out of the juicy fruit. The new witch chucked in amusement when it looked like she was just chewing on crunchy air.

Emily stopped focusing and thinking about the apple before she saw the red fruit reappear through her reflection. The brunette witch released a small chuckle as she found herself really enjoying this spell. "This will definitely come in handy in the future," Emily mumbled as she took another big bite out of the juicy apple.