The One With The Dagger

The human Petrova doppelganger and the Salvatore vampire duo had laid and napped on the comfortable couch in the Gilbert cabin for about five and a half hours before Emily found herself sitting out on the dock with, of course, Johnathan Gilbert's ...

The human Petrova doppelganger and the Salvatore vampire duo had laid and napped on the comfortable couch in the Gilbert cabin for about five and a half hours before Emily found herself sitting out on the dock with, of course, Johnathan Gilbert's journals surrounding her. The brunette girl had decided to let Stefan continue to sleep when she had slipped from underneath his body as Emily knew he had a lot on his mind. Stefan deserves as much rest as he can get after what I put him through these last twenty-four hours, the human girl thought as she watched the sun slowly disappear for the day while her fingers held onto the opened Gilbert journal.

Once Emily's neck began to hurt from staring up at the orange pinkish sky, the human girl looked back down at one of her ancestor's journals while the others sat inside of a box beside her. Emily had gone through three full books of Johnathan Gilbert's life since she had found them. The one she was currently reading, Emily realized, was way before the Fell's church even burned down.

The journal had started with Johnathan Gilbert turning eighteen and his father telling him about the vampires. It talked about his life while he was growing older over the years which showed how he began to hate vampires - thanks to the close relationship that he had with Giuseppe Salvatore.

Emily immediately rolled her green eyes when the rest of the journal that she was reading was all about Johnathan's love for Pearl. I definitely don't miss that woman, the Gilbert girl thought with distaste as she remembered the vampire, who had been stuck in the tomb for over a century, before Emily's blood was used to bring her back to life.

A shiver instantly ran down Emily's spine as she recalled that day which was definitely not one of her favorites as being bitten by a vampire that she didn't even like left a bad taste in her mouth. The human girl then swiftly shook her head as she tossed the journal back into the box as she wanted to wash the memories away before she grabbed another journal.

This one is more interesting, Emily thought as she began to flip through the pages of a journal that she hadn't read before. This one talked about a lot of the different devices that Johnathan Gilbert had made and seen which had to deal with controlling or torturing vampires like the Gilbert compass. That doesn't look fun, Emily thought as she stared at a drawing of a nuzzle looking thing before she quickly turned the page.

Emily immediately furrowed her brows as she looked at the next couple of pages which were just rants that barely made sense. It was like Johnathan Gilbert was fighting with himself, Emily realized as she noticed there was a lot of writing marked out and a lot of letters written over each other like he was angry.

"Hey," the soft and deep voice of the Salvatore vampire called out to the human girl just as she was turning the page on Johnathan Gilbert's ranting. Stefan gave Emily a small smile as he took a seat beside her on the edge of the dock before he leaned his head onto the short girl's while he breathed in her sweet scent. "Why did you let me sleep so long?" The Salvatore vampire mumbled tiredly after he laid a kiss onto Emily's bare shoulder once he had slid the blanket away.