The One When Emily Comes Back

A loud gasp instantly escaped the mouth of the Gilbert girl as she abruptly woke up before she hurriedly sat up from the unfamiliar feeling of an unknown bed underneath her

A loud gasp instantly escaped the mouth of the Gilbert girl as she abruptly woke up before she hurriedly sat up from the unfamiliar feeling of an unknown bed underneath her. Emily almost immediately furrowed her brows together in confusion as she cautiously moved her green irises around her surroundings after she realized that she was, in fact, inside of a foreign house.

However, that wasn't what caused all of the Gilbert girl's puzzlement. It was from the fact that her loved ones were looking at her with an array of emotions and none of them were exactly positive if their frowns were anything to go by.

Emily didn't like not knowing what was going on when everyone else apparently did and especially when she didn't even know where she was at the moment, so the Gilbert girl opened her mouth to ask about what was happening. But before Emily had the chance to utter a single word, though, she was soon interrupted as she picked up the sound of a vampire moving with their enhanced speed before she was suddenly overcome by a familiar and warm hug that could only belong to her boyfriend.

"Thank God you're okay," the Salvatore vampire softly murmured into his girlfriend's neck while he let his tears freely drip out of his green eyes and he hugged Emily as tightly as he could without squeezing and breaking her lungs. Stefan honestly had been going out of his mind ever since he had painfully watched as Klaus had drained his girlfriend of her blood. The Salvatore vampire had been so afraid that the witch spell wasn't going to work as the hours passed by and he would never get to see his girlfriend alive and well again.

Emily released a small and heartfelt chuckle as she softly rubbed her right hand along her boyfriend's back. "I'm alright, babe," the Gilbert girl assured Stefan as much as she could because she knew from the past, just how worried Stefan could get about her and she knew that Stefan just needed that extra reassurance to realize that she was, in fact, okay. "I'm fine, babe, just like I promised you," Emily gently continued, "and you know I never break my promises. I'm safe. I'm home."

The couple of the eldest Gilbert and the younger Salvatore stayed in each other's arms for a few more minutes before Emily slowly pulled back once she couldn't feel anymore fresh tears soaking her shoulder. Emily looked into her boyfriend's green irises as she playfully joked, "you know no one can take me out."

"You are never allowed to do that ever again," the younger Salvatore vampire mumbled barely above a whisper as he softly ran his rough thumb across Emily's cheek. "That was your one die free card. No more," Stefan stated as he shook his head. The green eyed supernatural being gazed softly into his girlfriend's bright irises as he murmured, "I won't be able to take it if you are gone again, baby."

The Gilbert girl released a small chuckle as she nodded her head in agreement. "You won't find me arguing with that," Emily jokingly muttered at the idea that she would ever willingly die again before she commented, "one time is enough."

Emily honestly didn't have any recognition about her death and much of what happened right before it. The only thing the Gilbert girl could remember from the small pieces that her mind could think of which was when Klaus had drained Emily of her blood before everything had just turned dark. If someone asked Emily to describe what happened to her, she honestly for the life of her, couldn't recall the majority of anything.