The One With The Runic

It had been a few hours since Emily found out that their great weapon against Klaus was actually his own father. The Radkova witch along with Alaric, Elena, and Damon were now back at the vampire hunter's apartment after Alaric had taken photos of each and every drawing in the Lockwood cellar.

The plan was to figure out the original family's history through the drawings to hopefully find out what weapon they needed to finally put an end to Klaus.

The Radkova witch was honestly very curious and interested to know what they could learn from the drawings.

No one in the world really knew anything about the original family, so this could be their chance to find out the truth from all of the lies that had been spread from mouth to mouth over the years.

Emily was stationed by the vampire hunter's side, who was just as curious as her, in the living room as they tried to piece together the original family's story. Meanwhile, the other Gilbert girl was having a little training session with Damon on the other side of the room.

The Radkova witch knew she should of joined them for her and Elena's daily training session but Emily was much more interested in finding out the history of the first vampires in existence.

"These images tell a story," Alaric murmured as he picked up a photograph of a drawing of a sun. "We just have to decipher them to learn the story," the vampire hunter stated.

Emily silently picked up a photograph of a drawing that looked like an eye and a sword before she released a small scoff. "That might takes a few months... or years," the Radkova witch muttered.

Emily was confident that they would never be able to understand each and every drawing, at least not in time. There was just no way unless they recruited someone who specializes in the Viking era to find out what all of these images meant.

The Radkova witch briefly thought about calling Deaton for help since he knew so much history as a druid. However, Emily quickly decided against that idea. Emily definitely didn't want to drag the Beacon Hills group into their original family mess, especially when Emily was trying to keep Scott, a true alpha, a secret from the original hybrid.

Meanwhile, in the background of Alaric's apartment, the Salvatore vampire easily disarmed Elena as he swiftly grabbed the wooden stake before she could even think about bringing the weapon to his chest. "Sloppy!" Damon tsked at his girlfriend.

"Shut up," Elena grumbled as she accepted the stake from her boyfriend. The Gilbert girl forcefully elbowed Damon in the stomach before she mumbled, "I'm new at this."

Damon smirked down at his girlfriend before he leaned down and pecked Elena's lips. "'Ghost of Christmas Past' Mason Lockwood said the cave would lead us to a weapon that can kill Klaus," the Salvatore vampire called out and told the duo at the table as he glanced over to Alaric and Emily.

"Yeah," Elena huffed as she got into a fighting stance once again before a confused look took over her face. "But wait..." the Gilbert girl mumbled before Elena asked in puzzlement, "doesn't Mikael have a weapon?"

"Yes," Damon muttered as he easily blocked another one of Elena's tactics of trying to stab him with the stake. "Which probably means the wall will lead us to Mikael, who we've already found and lost," Damon proclaimed before he swiftly grasped the base of the stake and held it into place while Elena used her entire body weight to try to push the wooden weapon through his skin.

Damon widely smirked down at his girlfriend before he used his enhanced speed to press Elena up against the wall in the vampire hunter's apartment. "Got you," the Salvatore vampire whispered before he released his fangs and pressed them lightly against Elena's neck.