CHAPTER 30 PART 1

Emily laid quietly next to her sleeping brother as she stared at the bright green numbers that shinned on Jeremy's alarm clock

 Emily laid quietly next to her sleeping brother as she stared at the bright green numbers that shinned on Jeremy's alarm clock. But as soon as it read six, she slowly got out of Jeremy's bed and grabbed her black boots and jacket before she made her way to her bedroom. Emily could barely get an ounce of sleep with everything running through her mind, so she decided that there was no reason to even try to fall back asleep. Instead, Emily threw her boots on the ground before she grabbed her cell phone out of her jacket pocket. She sent a quick text message to Stefan, so they could go see Elena and Caroline and get the answers they needed from John.

Once the message was sent, Emily threw her cell phone on her bed, before she made her way to her closet. Emily quickly pulled on a simple red sweater dress and a pair of black ankle boots before she made her way to her vanity table. But before she could sit down, she heard her cell phone ring. Emily thought it was Stefan, but when she looked down at the screen, she saw that it was Tyler. She furrowed her brows instantly, not knowing why her best friend was calling her so early in the morning. "Hello," Emily answered simply.

"Emmie..." Tyler spoke in a broken voice.

"Ty, what's wrong?" Emily quickly questioned as she noticed his tone.

"It's... it's my dad. He's gone," Tyler uttered quietly.

Emily sat down on her bed as she questioned in confusion, "what do you mean? What happened?"

"There was an accident last night. I-I don't even know what happened, Emmie. H-he's just gone," Tyler spoke as his voice shook.

Emily pulled her cell phone away from her face as closed her eyes and took a deep breath. What the hell else could go wrong right now? It was like everything in the town was crashing down all at the same time. Emily placed the phone back to her ear as she spoke steadily, "I'm so sorry, Ty. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Tyler quickly spoke, "no, no. You should stay with Elena and Caroline." He sighed before he added, "but this afternoon my mom is hosting some crap for my dad so the town..."

But before Tyler could finish his sentence, Emily interrupted, "I'll be there, I promise. I'm going to visit Caroline and Elena then I will be by your side the whole time, Ty. It's going to be okay."

There was a long pause on Tyler's end of the phone before he spoke softly, "thank you, Emmie. I don't know what I would do without you."

A small smile made its way onto her face before Emily spoke one last time, "you're welcome, Ty. I'd do anything for you, you know that. I'll see you soon."

Emily sighed deeply once she had ended the call. There was just so much happening in such little time. Emily knew that she couldn't rest for a second, so she quickly grabbed her black purse before jogging her way down the stairs. But as soon as her foot reached the bottom step, the front door bell rang. She quickly made her way to the door and when she opened it, she saw that it was Stefan.