Chapter 1

Maisie's POV

I turned off my camera after finishing my song cover for my YouTube channel. I quickly watched it back to make sure it decent enough and uploaded it.

I only had a few subscribers and to be honest I wouldn't say I'm 'popular' because I only had a few friends but really I like it that way. I'd not long left school and I hadn't spoke to my friends for ages.

"You done with your video?" My big sister, Emily, said peeping her head around my door.

"Yeah." I replied quietly.

"Hey, what's up?" She said fully entering my room.

"Nothing..... It doesn't matter," I said looking out of the window in my room.

"It's about going on X Factor, isn't it?" She questioned. I nodded in return. "Awh, hunny don't worry,"she said hugging me, "you're fantastic and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, you'll do great!" she finished.

I thanked her and hugged her.

Okay, so my audition for X Factor was tomorrow and yes I was a little bit nervous. In fact I was petrified. Some people say I'm good but then others don't and say that I can't sing but I try not to let it effect me.

--------------------------------------

Five Months Later

-------------------------------------

Zayn's POV

"Hey lads, X Factor's starting!" Harry called. It might sound girly, but we do like to watch X Factor because we were there a few years ago and we just like it.

"Coming!" Louis called back, so me, Louis, Niall and Liam went into the living room with some food and drinks from the kitchen.

"Awh, look at this girl, she's shaking like a leaf!" Louis said as the first girl walked on. It's hard to think that we was in that same spot 3 years ago.

"...how long will I love you...as long as the stars are above you...and longer if I may..." She finished. She was really good!

The judges gave their verdict but they said no to this beautiful girl with an amazing voice standing in front of them.

They said she was too nervous and wasn't confident enough. They told her to back in two years, just like Liam.

Well that's really going to help her confidence, isn't it.

She walked off obviously with tears in her eyes.

"Oh, well, there goes another one," Liam said, but I wasn't going to let her just disappear that easily. Someone with that talent doesn't deserve to go unnoticed. I decided to go to bed around 12 but before I did I went on Twitter and searched the girl, Maisie Daniels.

Loads of results came up so I looked into some and finally found the girl I was looking for. I started following her. I looked on her profile and she metioned she had a youtube account. I then went on to YouTube and found her amazing song covers, I didn't notice any of our songs on there though, she must not be a fan. But I can live with that.

Maisie's P.O.V.

After my audition I was quiet on the way home and I don't think I said a word. I kept myself on Twitter when they started to air the auditions, preparing myself for the worst. But there was no hate, not a word, which caught me by suprise.

Although, somebody had started following me but I didn't reconise them. I looked at his profile and realised he was that guy Zayn Malik from One Direction. Which most of the teenage girl population drooled over. I noticed he had tweeted about me. It read;

''@maisie_daniels: Saw u on X Factor recently and thought u were good, found ur youtube links, check this out guys.... http://.........''

And suddenly, I had thousands of views, followers and subscribers. Even though it was late I could still hear my mom watching TV so I called her upstairs, she was just as suprised as me. She gave me a great big bone-crushing hug and had a grin from ear to ear.

"My baby is finally going to be noticed!" She said.

"What's all the fuss? It's like 1am!" Emily said coming into my room rubbing her eyes. She was obviously asleep before we woke her up. My mom explained for me and her eyes widened. "Wow, Mais, I knew you could do it!" She congratulated me while we had a group hug.

"I'm going to go to bed now anyway, because I'm tired but well done hunny," My mom said, she kissed my forehead and went out of my room, giving me a warm smile on the way out. Emily agreed and went to bed herself. I decided I should probably do that too.

A/N ~
Just to let you all know, I will try to update every Friday if I can. I might update whenever I have a new chapter finished but I'll try and stick to Friday. Love you all xxx

EccentricPenguin