Mrs.Jauregui-Y/LN: L.J

Start from the beginning

"Y/N you need to relax."

"No Lauren-where's Lauren. Is she okay? She has to be okay. Please tell me she's okay. Dinah please. Please let me up-I have to see her. I have to-I have to. I ha-Y/N relax please. Lauren's in surgery right now. We don't know anything yet but you need to rest. I know you're worried about her, we all are but you hurting yourself isn't going to help anyone."

I felt like my chest was caving in on me and I couldn't breath. This couldn't be happening. We were going home. We were just going home. Everything was fine.

Everything was fine.

*

I need to check on her and even though it still hurt to walk a bit. I needed to. Mostly everyone was in here cause they told me Lauren was barely out of surgery and she needed rest. Michele and Clara were both in the room waiting for Lauren to wake up.

I looked around and saw that they were all asleep. I quietly got up hissing a bit and disconnected the wire connected to my thumb. I got the IV machine and carefully rolled it out of the room. The room she was in was the room five doors from mine. Every step I took my heart felt like it was going to stop.

The door room that lead to Lauren's room was shut. I quietly opened the door. My breath hitching in my throat at how badly Lauren looked. She had a brace around her neck, cuts, bruises. But really made me want to just drop on my knees was the bandage around her head.

Clara who I didn't know was awake looked up.

"Y/N, mija you should be resting."

"Clara..I'm so sorry. This-this is all my fault. I-I should have payed more attention. If-If I didn't ask her-ask her to go out. This wouldn't have, wouldn't have happened-" I didn't even realize I was having trouble breathing till I felt someone wrap their arms around me wrapping me into hug leading me to the small couch in the room.

"This is not your fault. Listen to me Y/N. This isn't your fault. It's that assholes fault for drinking and driving. This is not your fault. Take deep breaths. Lauren will be fine."

*

I refused to leave the room even when everyone who was in my room came looking for me. I was okay, I mean yes I was in some pain but other than that I was okay. But my mom made me at least go back to my room so the doctor could check on me.

Seeing that I was fine he discharged me but wanted to go for a check up next week which I didn't mind.

Now I was seated in the chair next to Lauren's bed in some regular clothes that Normani brought me from my apartment. Which was just a pair of sweats and one of Lauren's merch hoodies and some undergarments with my converse. I took Lauren's hand that had small cuts in it, in mine.

Doctors said that she should wake up soon. That she was lucky that she didn't fall into any coma. They also said cause of the hit she received in the head. Chances are that she might have amnesia. They told me that because Lauren didn't have her seat belt on she went through the windshield.

Head first.

I knew I should have made her put her seat belt back on. If I didn't let her take it off maybe she wouldn't be on this hospital bed. Maybe she would have been fine. I'm such a fucking idiot. I knew, damn it I knew, I knew I should some how made out her seat belt back on. I shouldn't have let her take it off in the first place.