It's Meant to Be: D.J

I groaned as I banged my head on the steering wheel. God damn it. The third time this month. The THIRD freaking time. I should have listened to my mom. But noooo. My dumb ass was like, 'don't worry mom the car is fine, it won't break down.' Like hello Y/N the car is like ten years old. I took the damn keys out and got out of the car slamming the door shut. Stupid car. I took out my phone but saw that I had no service. Great just great. Today isn't my day.

First my dumb jerk of a boss gave me even more paper work like hello no I take picture only. But nooo he made me do it. And I need the job. Then I fell ripping my jeans and scraping my knee. Then back to my jerk of a boss, he made me stay to finish my paper work but he still had to pay me over time. And now this. I popped the hood open making hella smoke come out. Great.

I could call my brother since he's a mechanic but stupid phone has no service. I could buy a new car cause my job pays good but I don't want to deal with car payments. I sighed and looked around only to see the empty roads. I fixed my glasses and now just realized how dark it was. I quickly got back in my car locking the doors. Great I'm gonna die out here. I can't call anyone and it's dark and by myself and there could be someone looking at me waiting for the perfect moment to kill me or a monster is going to get me and now I'm scared.

I shook my head trying my phone again but got the same no service. I put on my jacket since it was getting cold. I guess I'll just wait till morning. I closed my eyes trying to go to sleep. But it felt like ten minutes until I heard a knock on my window. I jumped up. The person looked like a girl. I took a deep breath and lowered down the window. I swallowed hard and put the window down a little.

"Hey are you okay? I was driving by and saw that the car hazard lights were on." I heard the girls voice say. She sounded nice. "Uh I-I'm fine. The car just broke down." I said as I looked up at the girl who looked to have pink hair. Her arms were covered in tattoos. I saw her smile politely. "Pop the hood open. I'll see if I can fix it. If not I could give you a ride to the nearest gas station." Well I mean it's better than staying in the car by myself in the middle of no where. I popped the open stepping out as well.

I followed her to the front of the car as she popped the hood open. She looked into the hood and shook her. "Girl how have you've been driving this thing? The battery is completely died. It need oil and the engine is over heated. I can give you ride to the nearest gas station if you want. That's if you want." I sighed and nodded. Well I can't necessarily wait till morning.

"Um o-okay yea sure." She smiled and nodded. "Okay get your things from your car. I can lend you my phone if you need to call someone." She said. I shook my head. "No it's fine. Thank you." She nodded and helped me into her big truck. "Name is Dinah by the way." She said once she got in the truck. "Y/N thank you for the ride."

**

That's how Dinah and I met. That was a month ago. Now we're really close friends. She works as a mechanic so she tried to fix my car but it was beat up. So I have no car right now. Dinah takes me to work. She offered to take me and pick me up from.

Like right now I know I should have waited for Dinah put I wanted to surprise her with lunch. She's probably working over her lunch break. So I took a taxi to her shop. Throughout the month Dinah and I have known each other we became good friends. There would be times were I'd take her lunch or she would come to my work and bring me lunch. So the times I would go to her work I became a known face with her coworkers.

"Hey there Y/N. DJ is working on a car right now but you can wait for her in her office if you want." I smiled and thanked Jim. I made my way to her office. I smiled and shook my head seeing all the papers on her desk. Dinah did tend to get a bit messy when she was working. I set the food down and cleaned up her desk. Organizing the papers and putting them into the folders. It wasn't the first I do this for Dinah. Once I was finished I smiled and sat down as the door opened.