Confession No. 2

. Chapter 35

Avery's Pov

I felt my legs got weak and when I thought he would've shot Adrien but before he could pull the trigger, In came Cole, Lucas and Nicholas shooting.

My heart beagn to race as I broke out in a run. I felt someone grabbed my hands harshly making me turned my head and saw a man in black pulling me behind a wall. "Let go of me!" I fought back.

But they were too strong...

"Stay down" the men who was hold me say and forcefully pushed me to the floor.

"Boss, I've got her. I'll sneak out and take her inside the van" I heard him say in the phone.

"You're not taking me anywhere!" I yelled at him in anger.

"Shut up!" He said and I glared at him before attempting to shout but could only hear the muffles escaping from my mouth.

"If you don't shut up, then you might not leave here alive..." he whispered to me and I froze when I felt a cold object again my neck. I immediately stopped breathing and shut my mouth. I trembled in fear and only let out a sigh when he moved his hands from my mouth. I tried to calm down but the gun that was pointed to my neck didn't help.

I poked my head out, searching the room desperately for Adrien. Scanning the room, I spotted Cole releasing Adrien and Stella from their chains.I watched as he began looking for me and pulled his hear in frustration. His eyes scanned the entire building until it met mine.

"Pull your head back inside!" He yelled yanking me by my hair and I let out a scream.

That hurts!

And I'm tender headed so it hurts like hell.

Before I was pulled back I saw someone darting towards my direction with full speed.

Bam!

I watched as a hands slowly connected to guy's Jaw. He scram in my as he immediately let go of me. Looking up, I saw Adrien standing there panting. Quickly getting up, I kicked him and ran towards Adrien.

He looked pretty angry.

He went towards the guy and continously punches him. I stood there and watched as the guy slowly began to bleed.

Running to Adrien, I pulled his hands back from the guy. "Stop!"

"Why?! He hurt you!" He yelled back at me.

"Because we need to go. We're can waste time" I said quietly and his anger die down.

He nodded and cupped my face "Are you okay?"

"Yeah" I smiled lightly and he took hold of my hands. "Let's go"

Pulling me towards a door, we both hid behind there. Turning towards me he said " This is a short cut. I need you to go"

"What? No, I can't leave you guys here" I said and he sigh.

"Look Avery, my job is to protect you. It's too dangerous here so.....go, please" he begged.

"But---"

"Avery...."

I hesitantly spoke "Be careful.....please"

I don't want him to get hurt.

He suddenly engulf me in a hug that made me relax instantly. Taking in his scent, I hugged him back.

"Go" he said and let go of me. Hesistating, I turned around and took a step.

This was too hard...