Shopping

Chapter 12

Avery's Pov.

○●○

"Avery!!" Someone called my name.

Ugh! can't I sleep?!

"What?" I asked still lying in bed.

"You have to get up, we're gonna be late for work" the person replied.

Work? Oh yeah, I work now.

"Okay. I've gotten up." I told the person.

I heard little footsteps walking away and I shut my eyes again to fall asleep.

"AVERY!!!!" the person shouted.

"Okay, I'm up!"
Jeez!

I got up and quickly made my bed and then head to the bathroom.
I hate waking up in the mornings.
I took a bath, brushed my teeth, and apply lotion to my skin.

I then head back into my bedroom and took out the clothes Stella gave me yesterday to wear.

It a black.....hmm...
'What is this?' I asked myself as I unfold the clothes.
It's a black off the shoulder dress? A black off the shoulder body fitted dress!

I don't wear clothes like these at all! It's not that I don't like them or anything, it's because people keep staring at me and that makes me uncomfortable and self-conscious.

What to do? Wear it or not?
I don't even have a choice! The rest of my clothes are in the laundry basket and I can't go to work naked!

I put on the dress and then let down my hair. I apply no makeup since I don't have any with me and I wore my sneakers then I headed over to Stella's bedroom.

I wrapped on the door 3 times before it opened. Stella appeared in front of the door with a face mask on.
Woah! That was scary.
"Whoa, you look amazing," she said looking at the dress she gave me.

"I can't wear this to work," I said as I walked into her bedroom. "Why? I mean you look stunning" Stella asked.

"Don't you have any other clothes?" I asked sitting on her bed.

"I'm sorry but this is the only dress that is too big for me. The rest will be very tight for you, especially the jeans."
Whatever!! I'll just wear this then. I said to myself.

I let out a sigh and got up from her bed.

"What are those?!" She asked pointing to my shoes.

"They're shoes" I replied.

"Take them off!" She commanded as she turned around and started digging in her shoe section.

"Why?" I whined.
They look cute, don't they?

"It's dirty and it doesn't go well" she replied.

Fine!

I took them off and sat on her bed, again.

"Aha! Here! My feet are a bit bigger than yours so, it will fit" She said handing me a pair of black bootie.
Wow, cute!

"Thanks" I thanked her and proceeded to put on of the shoes.

"Wait, you're missing one thing" she stated as she started digging in her jewelry section.

What am I? A model?

She told me to turn around and she put on a plain black velvet choker on my neck and some earrings. The look was now complete!

"Now you look like a goddess" she compliments me

I just can't wait for this day to be over!

We both then head out of her bedroom head into the dining room to eat breakfast before leaving for work.

As soon as Adrien saw me, his eyes trailed down my body and then he looked up back at me.
My heartbeat started to increase and I felt myself heating up.

I quickly took a seat at the table and avoid his eyes.
"What are you wearing?" He asked me.
I looked up at him and was about to answer when Stella cut in. "She's wearing clothes that goddess wears"

"And this was your idea, right?" he asked Stella.

She looked at me then at him and smiled nervously. "Well.....yeah you can say so"

"Don't worry, we're going shopping this afternoon so she'll have a lot of clothes to wear" Stella said to Adrien.

He sighs and we eat quietly after that.

○●○
We were almost at work and I was nervous and trembling.
I just don't want people to stare!
Calm down!
I took a deep breath in and then out 'Namaste'

Stella looked over at me and gave me a little self-confidence before we pulled up at my workplace.

Oh god! Save me pleaseee!!! Nooo!!!
Ugh Avery, stop being so dramatic! It's not like you're gonna die or so!

I took one last breath before I hopped out of the car.
"Do- do I have to go in like this?" I asked Stella.
"Just relax, you won't even know they're there," she said tapping my shoulder.

And she was wrong!

As soon as we burst through the door, people started gathering around us again but this time most eyes were on me and I tried hard to ignore it.
I was only praying for the day to over really fast.

As we enter the elevator I let out a sigh and squeeze myself at the very corner of the elevator.
"You okay?" Stella asked concerned.
"Do I look okay? There eyes!" I faked cried.
"Stop being so dramatic"

She was right, I am. What if people look? Isn't that their eyes?

The elevator finally open and we were on the top floor. I spotted Abigail from afar. She was talking to one of the male employees.
Her eyes roamed around the place until she saw me.
I gave her a nervous smile and she immediately came speed walking towards me.
"Damn girl! You're the bomb!" She complimented me.
She looked at me from head to toe and then give me a wink.

"To my office" Adrien commanded.

We quickly followed behind him and entered his office.

He explained what we'll have to do today and then he took us to the place where the shoot commercials and photoshoot.
I had to operate the cameras and Abigail had to make sure the lighting was perfect.

After a long day of work, we finally headed home.
As soon as I reached home, I went straight to my room and slept.
There was a knock on my door that woke me up.
"Who's there?"

"Av' get up, we're going shopping!!!" Stella shouted from outside of my room.

I didn't want to get up but had to.
"Let me change into something more comfortable first," I told her.
I wore my jeans and a shirt and went outside.

When we arrived at the Mall, Stella grabbed my arms and we enter the first store.
It had jeans, a shirt, and dresses inside.

"What do you want, I'll buy it for you," She asked me looking around.
"No, you don't have to. I still have some money left from my previous work" I refused.

"Just take this as a welcome gift, pleaseee!~" Stella insisted.
I hesitate before I give in. She kept pouting at me and I can't resist her face.

We bought a lot of stuff and everywhere we went Adrien was behind us except when we went to the underwear section.

So at the end of the day, I bought a lot of stuff. Stella bought me about a hundred pairs of jeans, shirts, shorts, dresses, underwear, bras, tops, heels, sneakers, and a lot of makeup.

Well, at least I have clothes to last me a whole year.