Chapter 13

He gulps before looking at me, "I think it's time to leave before I bash this fucker. You can explain later. Come with me if you want or stay here."

I thank him through my eyes and follow his lead out door. Jennet comes rushing to me before I exit and gives a curious look, "Everything ok honey?"

I hold back a sob and shake my head in a no, "I'll tell you what's going on soon ok? This is Oliver, my boyfriend but I don't want you meeting him like this. He's usually a lot happier but he has his reasons right now as you can tell."

"Did he hurt you?"

"NO!! He would never do that! This is because of that guy over there," I say pointing at Hutton who doesn't notice, "I really need to go but I'll see you soon!"

"Take time off if you need it sweetie! Bye."

I rush to Oliver's car and he's just clicking the unlock button. He roughly opens the door and basically throws himself in the car. I get in the other side as quietly as I can and try to fade into the background even though an am the one making it coloured. He thumps his head onto the steering wheel and balls his hands into fist, taking out his anger by hitting them beside his head, just missing it and getting wheel. Damn I wish I told him now! What can I say that will explain the situation?

"Why were you with him?" he asks in a stern but sad and soft voice.

"It was to do with the baby. I promise there was nothing going on!"

He snaps his head up in shock from the steering wheel, "Is there something wrong with the baby? The ultrasound went fine! I should know, I was there unlike that asshole! Wait, I know, you were seeing him because you want to get back together right? Because the baby needs his father?"

Gosh he's an idiot right now! Of course I'm not taking Hutton back! "No! You're jumping to conclusions! You're my boyfriend and I want it to stay that way! Plus, you would be a way better dad than that... jerk! He couldn’t be a dad."

His face visibly softens and he focuses his eyes to me. Anger is apparent but love is also etched into his face and I know he would never hurt me, "What was it about then?"

"He needed to talk to me about the baby," I say, trying not give too much away. It’s not that I want to keep anything from him; I just don't want to tell him like this. I need time to get my head straight first. Plus, there's only a possibility he could pass it on.... It would be rare for him to pass it because he's been cleared right?? 

I can't take it anymore and soon I am crying, not even able to take a breath. Oliver looks at me and bites his lip, "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you cry...."

Stupid guy! He's not the reason I'm crying! I'm crying because my kid could be screwed up! I would still love it the same and more than anything but it would change a lot of things for me, make being a teenage mum even harder. Oliver puts a hand on my shoulder to comfort me and then I remember I need to speak and tell him he's not to blame for this sudden train wreck, "It's not you! Don't think that!"

"What is it then? Did he hurt you?" he asks softly.

"It’s the baby Oliver."

He draws in a shaky breath, "You never call me Oliver... What's wrong with the baby?"

I cry even harder, hating the thought of trying to take dominance over my body and talk, stopping the steady, fast flow of tears, "There could be something wrong but.... I mean It's not..... It."

"What is it?"

I get up the courage to talk, "Hutton has a disease in his family and he was cleared and told he was clean but to make sure he has his children checked. The baby could..... It could," I give up trying to talk about as a heavier flow of water runs down my face and my throat goes clogged.