Chapter 25

A noise wakes me from my peaceful slumber. Oliver's arms release from around me and he fumbles on the side table for the noise source. I recognize the song and realise it's my phone getting a call because the song I found you by The wanted is playing.

"Hello," Oliver half says, half snores.

He flies up in bed so he's sitting, scaring me. I sit up too and put an arm around him, "No, yes. I'm family. Are they ok?"

I feel my stomach churn. Something must be happening. Who might not be ok?

"Shit!" Oliver hisses. He pulls the phone from his ear. "May, we need to go, now! Your mum and Crayna have been in a crash."

I gasp. Oh god! I feel my world crash. Everything spirals to worry and darkness. Tears flow from my eyes. "Holy shit! Are they ok?" I cry.

"I- they're bad but they're ok."

"We have to leave. Right now. What about Phoebe. Oh god! This can't be happening."

Oliver puts the phone to his ear and pulls me close to him with the other arm. "The little girl, was she there? Is she alright?"

After what seems like an hour at least he lets out a mouthful of air and hangs up the phone. "She's fine. She was belted in and they think that Crayna put herself between the gaps in the front seats and shielded any glass from hitting Phoebe. She has gashes and bad wounds from glass and the seatbelt and air bag hitting her. They said they'd give us more information once we get to the hospital."

Oh god! My sister. I can't believe this. My family is my world. I could never live without my mum and sister. Please let them be ok.

I flick the bed covers off me and grab my bag. Its freezing but I don't even feel the coldness, apart from the one inside me. My whole world has gone from being great and already fulfilled to scary and petrifying. 

Oliver too gets up and grabs a blanket from his bed and puts it around me. 

---Oliver's P.O.V---

I can't believe this. Over the time I've known Mayarna's mum she's become like another to me. I love her and Crayna as well as Phoebe too. They've both been so accepting of me and so good with Mayarna having a baby, it’s amazing. Now they are in emergency and I don't even know what condition they are really in. 

I would have pestered the hospital to give me more information but I wanted to tell Mayarna and put all my attention towards her. Plus, they probably still wouldn't have given me anything more than what they did. The caller said that was all they could tell me right now.

I tell Mayarna to go to the toilet and meet me at the car while I tell mum. I grab the jumpers from before and slip a pair of jeans on as well as a shirt, May can get away with the cute pig pajamas but I can't get away with only boxers.

I knock on my mum’s door fastly and within a second she's opening it with a worried, pissed off look. When she sees me she gasps, "Honey! Are you alright?"

"Mum, we've got to go. Mayarna's mum and sister were in a bad car crash."

She throws her arms around me, "It'll be ok. How's May?"

"Freaking out but she'll be fine. Go back to bed."

"Do you want me to drive you?"

"No, it’s ok. I'll text you when we get back."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. We have to go."

"Drive safe honey," she says while walking me out.