Chapter 24

Does anyone know a guy like Oliver in real life? How do you know him? Is he straight? Is he hot? What's the sweetest thing you've heard from him or any other guy? - Sounds like I'm planning a date here :P Just want to know if anyone knows a guy can be like Oliver in real life. 

"Where have you two been? I didn't mean be gone until the day's almost over! The waterfall isn't that exciting. What did you do?"

I keep in a giggle and think to myself, 'Do you really want the answer to that woman?'

Oliver squeezes my hand, "Sorry, I took May to get ice-cream, 'the baby' apparently made her hungry," he says doing air quotes around the words of 'the baby.'

"Sorry, the baby makes me so hungry!"

"And then I took her up the mountain to view the city from above, we're going there tonight as well."

"Well, you've got to be here until at least 10 and I don't want you driving late."

"Mum, what do you think I do when I'm not here?"

She lets out a huff. "Fine, you have to be back by twelve though. What do you two want to do now? It’s only three still so we have a lot of spare time. Do you want to watch a movie? Oh, I've missed you so much my baby boy!"

"I've missed you too mum," Oliver says while stepping away from me and closer to his mum so he can hug her. "We could watch a movie, if you want."

"Ok! Ruby is coming over soon. She's going to flip when she sees how big you've gotten!"

"Are you still with her? Wow!" Oliver says. "That's cool. What new movies do you have?"

"I'm not sure. Come have a look."

Oliver stands up and accidently spills a cup of abandoned coffee. I gasp and groan as it slops out of the cup. Oliver makes a noise and grunts as the liquid spills all over him.

"I'm going to get a cloth," he says in a patient annoyed voice he uses when he's upset or controlling anger. 

He walks off and within a few seconds returns with a tea towel. He pats at the table and cleans up the mess. "I've got to get changed now. Come on May."

"Hmm. Well, hurry back. If you don't hurry I'll come up."

Oliver leads me up stairs made of dark polished wood. "My old room is up here."

We get to a hallway with doors leading off and Oliver point to one. "That's my room. Keep in mind I haven't renovated it within the last 2 years."

I laugh. The walls are light brown; there is a king bed, a desk, wardrobe, TV and weight bench. What makes me laugh is the giant poster of busy philipps in a bikini. 

"Nice poster you got there, my loving boyfriend," I say while chuckling and hitting him on the upper arm jokingly.

He hangs his head in embarrassment. "Yeah... Laurie in Cougar Town is the best...."

I laugh even harder. "You watched Cougar town?"

Oliver huffs "Did. Forced. Big sister. Not my fault!"

I make a mhhm noise and sit on his bed. "You going to get changed or just look at the poster?" I ask. 

"Nah, I got much better things to look at," he says while grabbing the top of the poster with one hand and ripping it right down the center. The two halves still hang from the wall as they were stuck down in the corners.

Oliver walks over to the bed, positioning his arms either side of me and putting his lips to mine. I grab the collar of his shirt to pull him even closer. "You know, before meant a lot to me."