Chapter 10

My neighbor is ok!! Thank you to those who asked how she was! She says thank you as well!

I sat on Olive’s couch, Snuggled in blankets. All that’s left to do now is go to the appointment. 

“Are you worried?” 

“Hmm?” I ask while twisting my head to look at the questioner, AKA Oliver.

“Are you worried?”

“Oh-so descriptive Olive! Can I get just a tad more information?”

“About the baby! You- you…..beetroot head!”

“Um, I don’t like beetroot so your argument is invalid! Back to your question, I haven’t really thought about it so I guess not… I mean, I did but bub’s still training to play football while in my stomach so, I think she's fine...”

“I love how you refer to bub training for football and then say it’s a girl!”

“Sexist! Girls can play football too, I just choose not to but if I did, you would be astonished with my skillfulness!”

“Sure…. If you won a goal it would be because all the guys where gawking at you,” he says with a light laugh. 

“I’ll have you know, I kick butt in sport when I try!”

“Yeah, your own…”

“Can we watch the movie? I’m losing and I don’t like it!” I grumble. His laughter continues and with a flick of a remote button the TV comes to life. A movie is already in the player so we chose just to role with that one… Bad choice…. Oliver’s roommate watches some very weird movies apparently…. After some pretty fast ejecting of that disk we decide on a more appropriate, less disturbing movie with less blood and gore, Yogi bear!! Just kidding!! We’re not 5!! Nar, we agree on a much more age fitting movie, Stuart little!! What can I say? It’s my favourite movie! 

“Mr. and Mrs. Little, we try to discourage couples from adopting outside of their own... species. It rarely works out,” the woman on the TV speaks. 

“Bitch! Well this movie proves you wrong!!!” I talk back with no reply from her, how rude! Oliver just sits beside me chuckling, “Well I’m glad that this gives you amusement! That woman was totally wrong! She was basically saying, ‘you’re going to fail!’ and that’s just mean!”

“Remind me never to watch a kids movie with you again.”

“Ha…..Ha….. Very funny! Did I mention also creative? Now shut up! They’re about to adopt him!” I squeak.

“Gosh…. Baby, don’t listen to your mummy! That lady isn’t being mean is she? She’s just telling them the truth about the matter! And then your mum pretended I wasn’t funny! She has terrible judgment”

“Olive, I have a question for you.”

“Mhm,” he vocalizes.

“Why do you own this movie?” 

“Umm…. Pass?”

“You can’t pass the question! You agreed to answer it!”

“Well, I just- I like the movie, is that a crime? Why did you choose to watch it?”

“That’s two questions! Plus you didn’t ask me if you could ask the question so I don’t have to answer!”

“Nope! You asked me a question so you have to answer!”

“You can’t force me to answer! I will never tell!!” Hypocritical, I know…. But hey, that’s me!

“If you don’t answer my question, you have to face a penalty!”