40) I will always be the girl who was raised by wolves-Madi

"And that, kids, is the true story of how I survived as a complex" I told my children Rudina and Adolpha.

I been telling them the story of Nala Victor and the battles how I survived being as a rare complex for years now.

They seem to enjoy the story as that's usually the story they like to hear before dad comes or when it's bedtime. "Do you still have your complex powers mama" Adolpha my youngest asked.

She just turned 5 last spring and she adores her big sister so much.

I smiled at her before replying and then said "yes sweetie I do and much more their growing everyday "I told her. Liam walked in and walked behind Rudina smiling up at me.

"You told them the story" he asked me. "They asked for it it's their favorite" I replied.

"Will we get a mark like mama daddy when we grow up" Rudina asked Liam.

Liam smiled and said, "of course but in your own time not everyone gets it the same time their parents did and since you both have complex blood theirs a likely chance you will have one too".

After playing with the girls for a while the doorbell finally rang.

I got up off the floor and walked to the door. As soon as I answered the door, I saw my father along with Mia, Armani, and Alan, so I moved to the side telling them to come on.

"Girls come say hi to grandpa and grandma" I yelled to them.

Then with no hesitation they got up to their feet and ran to dad and mom yelling for them. Mom and dad both scoped them up in their arms showering them with kisses as they laughed.

After they were both sat back on their feet, I looked at them and said "girls go set the table for grandma and grandpa" I told them, and they hurried away excitedly.

After everyone sat and was eating their food, I could not help but smile at what I accomplished even though Nala and Victor weren't here.

In a way they were here in spirit watching from up above wherever they might be.

I got up from my seat slightly clanking my glass to get everyone's attention. Everyone looked up as soon as I did as they knew I was about to say something.

I looked at everyone and said "I just wanted to thank everyone for coming and that through all the struggles and sacrifices we had to make we did it together not one by one but together as a family and I couldn't be any happier and although Nala and Victor couldn't be here their here in spirit watching over us and protecting us from up above" I said finishing up my little speech.

Then as I did everyone wiped their tears and clapped as I finished my speech.

I could not help but smile at the little family I have today and how far I have come from all of these years. 

But I knew one thing for sure even though I'm a complex I will always be the girl who was raised by wolves.