28) Another battle??

It's been days since Nala's funeral, and everyone still isn't taking it well.

Victor likes to hide his emotions i mean sure he acts all tough and like he's okay with it, but I can see right through him.

I can tell it's killing him on the inside, but he is trying to stay strong cause deep down that's what his mate would want.

I finally managed to get out of my room after Nala's death and spend time with dad and Knight along with other pack members and Mia of course she has been really helpful through Nala's death.

She even said that she knew her when they were little kids and that they went to school together and after she found out Nala died it tore her into pieces.

But she managed to stay strong at the funeral and honor Nala the way she wanted to be.

Anyways as of right now I am outside of the pack house at the training center with Knight and yes, they have a training center here.

You wouldn't believe how big the pack house is compared to my old pack with the cave I used to have to sleep in.

Hey, we didn't have much, so you work with what you get or nothing at all for all I care if you don't like it become a rogue.

But back to what I was saying the reason why I'm at the training center is because I'm training to fight for the battle no there's no battle yet but sooner or later there will be I can sense it and trust me whenever I sense something their hardly ever wrong.

I was going to go after the people who killed Nala who was supposed to kill me for what I don't know maybe it was because I'm a complex or they wanted to use me for my powers or maybe they knew I could kill them cause I'm no ordinary wolf.

Who knows all I know is my pack dad Mia and I need to be prepared to fight even though the last war ended up with me finding out who my actual father was instead of what I been told.

After training Knight and I went inside and headed to the kitchen for a bite to eat.

I saw one of dad's cooks and she gestured for me to the dining room where the food was already set.

I mouthed her thank you and went to the dining room with Knight.

I sat down to eat my food while Knight was on the floor like any good wolf and ate his lunch in his bowl that the cook prepared for him.

I smiled while I watched him eat for some reason, he always makes me happy I mean he's my best friend well besides Akira he's been there since I was born.

He protected me through the good and bad kept me safe with him and he has been by my side ever since.

I saw dad walk in with Mia and they saw us sitting there eating and smiled before they joined as well.

Dad gave Knight a quick pat on the back before sitting next to me with Mia on the other side of him. "Hey Madi, what have you been up to" dad said.

"Nothing Knight and I just been training a while, so we came to take a break and have a bite to eat" I replied to his question of curiosity.

"Do you really think there is going to be a war?" Mia asked. I shot her a quick glance before taking a bite of my food and looked at Knight once more before replying "yes".

She nodded and looked at Knight and said "you two are close last night I offered for him to go with us at the store where he could walk with us to gain a little exercise, but he refused" Mia said gesturing to Knight.

I looked at him and said, "yeah he never leaves my side ever since I was little he would stay with me we bonded over the years back at Victor's where I lived before here everyone usually had a wolf always with them who they bonded with sort of like their bonded wolf and he was with Victor and Nala when they found me he's been my best friend ever since and not having him with me kills me".

Even if I'm telling dad and Mia my story saying Nala's name when she's no longer here on this earth still kills me.

Dad noticed and held my hand to snap me out of my thoughts. I gave him a smile in return and Dad's beta came bursting in.

Dad looked at him and asked, "what is it?". "Alpha, we received a letter and think you should see it" he said.

Dad got up from his chair carefully scooting it in walked to his beta while he handed him the letter and dad read it carefully then turned to me and said,

"I think your right about going to war". I looked at him confused and he handed me the letter he was reading and carefully opening it and read those three little words that was written on that one piece of paper that said

"Prepare for war".