20) They arrived

It has been weeks since I last seen my pack and Liam even my sister, but I had to push all of that back if I wanted to protect them.

Even if not being with then right now is killing me on the inside but the war is close so soon it all will be over.

I escaped my thoughts as I started to smell something cooking from the outside and then I realized that Akira has a grill she brought before she moved in.

She must be making bacon or something and maybe eggs for herself.

I got up and quickly got ready cause today I had a feeling that war was coming and knowing this perked me up because I knew I would be able to see my family again after a long time.

I raced outside to see Akira finished cooking and made me a plate even when I didn't ask her to, but she insisted.

So, we both sat down and enjoyed our breakfast when we heard a rumpling and there that in that moment, we both knew that war was here.

So, as I hurriedly finished my breakfast, I looked at Akira with her smudged makeup and ready eyes with her messy blonde hair one last time before taking off and gave her a warm long hug as I heard her say "be careful Mads" and I nodded.

Hearing her say my nickname she gave me made me tear up a little as I am worried that I will never see my best friend again but we both knew that if I didn't do this that the earth will go bonkers if I don't stop this war.

Glancing one last time at Akira I left in a hurry racing to my home the one I haven't seen since I left, and I just prayed that the pack was alright especially my mom dad and sister.

As I arrived, I saw all three of them looking at me with teary eyes but happy to see me back home and before I knew it, they ran to me and hugged me tightly.

I finally managed to get loose, and I knew dad knew what I was going to do.

But he and I both knew there was no stopping me so instead he gave me a small smile along with mom and that's all I needed right now.

Lupin instead begged to let her help me so I told dad to keep her back while I do what I have to do, and dad sadly nodded knowing what could come of me as the result.

He knew I could die from this, but he knew I wasn't going to stop.

So instead of fighting he let me do what I thought was best and he ordered the pack to surround me and in that moment the quires approached us and there I was face to face with the leader of the pack.