6) Background

As I woke the next day on a Saturday morning my head was still pounding with questions. My dad came into the cave and saw I was awake.

He sat next to me knowing I was going to ask a ton of questions like who I am who's my family, what am I do I have powers and how come I'm human.

He broke the silence and said that he knew that I had tons of questions and that he will answer them but first he needs to explain my background.

It all started 17 years ago. My mom was a quire who was a know-it-all troublemaker always trying to get herself caught.

One day she pushed the limit and ran from home, and she almost died if it wasn't for dad.

Those stories saying that quires and hollows are not supposed to be well that's not true.

Before dad met mom, he was a hollow and he fell in love with mom the day they met and started sneaking around together.

They eventually fell in love, and they couldn't be apart no longer even though it was forbidden they mated in secret or as humans say they got married and had me, but they got caught and had to choose me or each other they chose themselves.

Of course, they chose themselves when my birth mom gave birth to me, she left me in a middle of nowhere and ran off and that's when dad found me and discovered I had these powers.

He decided to write everything down and bury it somewhere by the school so I could be safe, but it didn't work very well.

After he finished telling me about my backstory, I asked him what kind of powers I have.

He told me I could hear the wolves speak their language transform into one and my howl can blow them away literally as soon as I find it and probably more, I just have to discover it.

I asked dad if I could go on a walk to clear my head.

He said I could but to be back before he goes out hunting and that Knight would have to come with. I nodded and Knight and I headed off.

 I nodded and Knight and I headed off