4) War??

After school I raced into the woods before anyone could spot me and discover my secret.

Luckily, I got there just in time before dad left for hunting. I caught him before he could leave and told him we had trouble.

When he asked why I calmly told him that I got assigned a project with some guy from school and he freaked out in a way I never seen before.

He was pacing back and forth searching for ways to keep our secret.

If anyone ever found out I was raised by wolves or that I could understand them they would treat me differently and dad didn't want that for me.

He wanted me to have somewhat of a normal life before I leave school for good and help him hunt for food and such.

Dad had a plan but didn't know if it would work but wanted me to try it anyways and to see where we would go from there. But he still didn't know about mom's scent that I felt earlier at school.

He was so freaked out that I could barely tell him, but I knew that I had to, or I would feel bad not telling him.

As soon he calmed down a bit, I told him that there's something else he should know when he asked what it was I told him that I felt mom's scent.

He looked at me with shock and froze for a minute.

He asked how it was possible and when I answered him as honestly as I could saying that I wasn't sure and that it happened sometime between 10 and 11 during theatre class.

He said that could be a sign that she's back from war.

I was confused from my understanding mom left out of nowhere with no explanation I calmly asked wait war.

He sighed and told me that there was something I didn't know that they had to protect me, and they didn't want any harm my way.

Dad briefly explained that mom was at war with the quires that's what we call the wolves who will do whatever to get what they want and will kill anyone that comes in our way.

He said that mom had to go to protect me, and he had to lie about the truth because if anyone found out there would be no pack left.

Only because I observe some kind of great power that is a threat to them, and I didn't understand how or why I knew nothing about my bio family and now this.

They wanted me dead, and I had to stay hidden away from them or I wouldn't live another day to see the sunlight.

My father gave new orders considering I could be in great danger Knight had to stay with me until he had to help Dad then another fellow pack member had to stay by my side at all times so basically until I'm safe I have what humans call bodyguards.

I went to the cave and sat against the wall thinking about mom being back this would be the first time I seen her since she left if I get to see her that is.

I was nervous and scared all at the same time and I didn't know what to think or say.

The sun was starting to come down and I decided to go to bed early so I waited for Knight to finish what he had to do and then he walked in laid down and I easily laid my head down and fell asleep to the sound of dads rambling.