12) Saying goodbye

The next morning, I woke to find Knight with my parents preparing for battle and I let out a small sigh.

I never would think that dying would come this soon but dying to protect my loved ones seems like the way to go and if I was going to do this, I had to tell Liam bye even if it hurts.

So, I left a little note to where I went off to, so they won't think I'm kidnapped or something and I asked Nola to accompany me and then we left.

A few minutes later near dollar general I saw Liam walking and I ran up to him and saw that he had a Pepsi in his hand. He noticed me when I approached him and gave me a small smile as if he was happy to see me.

He saw the worried look on my face and asked me what was wrong, but I couldn't tell him the whole truth, so I just told him that I'll probably won't be able to see him again and that my family and I ran into some issues that we need to solve on our own.

I saw the sad look on his face as I told him that and I quickly gave him a hug as I felt butterflies in my stomach.

Before I knew what I was doing I pulled away slowly looked into his eyes as he did the same, he leaned in and then we kissed.

I knew I liked him but never thought it would be this hard letting him go and I had a urge to tell him that I would be back for him but I couldn't say it I might not make it out alive so I gently pulled away and I told him that if I am able to come back we can be together more than friends cause I know that's what we both want but now with the battle is not the right time.

I gave him one last peck on the cheek before I hurried back to Nola as we started to walk home.

I held back tears as long as I could, but they kept trying to fight back because I know the pain of leaving the ones, I care about wouldn't go away overnight.

The full moon was approaching, and it was a sign for wolves like me to turn so I did, and I continued walking in my wolf form.

I heard a strange noise behind me so I turned around to see what it was but nothing was there so I turned back, and Nola was unconscious before I could run up to her dark consumed me.